What's so great about Dreamcast?

Let's stop talking about the piracy angle or I'll start banning. OK?

Originally posted by racketboy@Apr 4, 2004 @ 07:53 PM

Buy these cheap but excellent classics:

Sonic Adventure

Crazy Taxi

Jet Grind Radio

Space Channel 5

Virtua Fighter 3

Shenmue

Get a copy of NesterDC

Check out this list for more titles to expand on:

http://www.phantasy-star-universe.com/foru...?showtopic=9585

I don't have Space Channel 5 yet. Can anyone explain what it is? Didn't the creator of Rez make it?

I already have Sega Rally 2 and Crazy Taxi. They came with the system. I want Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic Shuffle,Shenmue, Shenmue II(PAL), and Jet Grind Radio. I saw SA1 and 2, Sonic Shuffle and Jet Grind Radio at my local Gamestop. Should I get a mod chip or get DC-X to play imported games? What's NesterDC?

Space Channel 5 is a game where you stop aliens that want to take over earth by dancing.

Originally posted by link343@Apr 5, 2004 @ 10:48 AM

I got a Dreamcast! What should I do now?

Sell your Grandmother if need be, but get your hands on Rez.

As for imports, a boot disc of some sort is probably less hassle than a modchip.

I wouldn't get Shenmue II yet until you get a way into the first. The game is an aquired taste. Not really for everyone. Make sure you like it before you invest in the 2nd.

Originally posted by mal+Apr 4, 2004 @ 08:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Apr 4, 2004 @ 08:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-link343@Apr 5, 2004 @ 10:48 AM

I got a Dreamcast! What should I do now?

Sell your Grandmother if need be, but get your hands on Rez.

[/b][/quote]

Why should I get Rez?

Because it's a great game?

Why else would I be recommending it? :unsure:

It may be cheaper to get Rez on Playstation 2 if you have it. Rez is very unique, it stimulates three senses at once: the flashing and pulsating vector graphics, the rhythm game style music and the vibrations on the controller. You have to try it.

Originally posted by mountaindud+Apr 4, 2004 @ 08:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mountaindud @ Apr 4, 2004 @ 08:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> It may be cheaper to get Rez on Playstation 2 if you have it. Rez is very unique, it stimulates three senses at once: the flashing and pulsating vector graphics, the rhythm game style music and the vibrations on the controller. You have to try it. [/b]

That's a better reason than

<!--QuoteBegin-mal
@Apr 4, 2004 @ 08:14 PM

Because it's a great game?[/quote]

Originally posted by mountaindud@Apr 5, 2004 @ 01:19 AM

It may be cheaper to get Rez on Playstation 2 if you have it. Rez is very unique, it stimulates three senses at once: the flashing and pulsating vector graphics, the rhythm game style music and the vibrations on the controller. You have to try it.

which is somewhat similar to my love of Jet Grind Radio

the music goes along awesome with the action and the cel-shaded eye-candy is wonderful

I also recommend Rez... its hard to describe, but its a great game. Turn down the lights, turn up the speakers, put in a rumble pack, and enjoy :)

Racket put up a good list... I would suggest all of those titles but I suggest swapping Virtua Fighter 3 with Soul Calibur. Also, throw in Virtua Tennis for good measure.

IMO sonic Shuffle = :puke: Its a garbage game that puts the sonic name to shame (wasn't made by sonic team). I would advise against purchasing it. I would also suggest not getting a mod chip, swapping for imports is simple, easy, and cheaper.

---Ammut

Originally posted by racketboy@Apr 4, 2004 @ 08:32 PM

which is somewhat similar to my love of Jet Grind Radio

the music goes along awesome with the action and the cel-shaded eye-candy is wonderful

I love Jet Grind Radio, the music does blend perfectly with the action in the game. The game would be so much better if I had a decent controller to play it with! :rant

I only put FV3 on my list because it's cheaper.

But Soul Calibur is excellent and is coming down in price

Originally posted by link343+Apr 5, 2004 @ 11:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(link343 @ Apr 5, 2004 @ 11:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mountaindud@Apr 4, 2004 @ 08:19 PM

That's a better reason than

<!--QuoteBegin-mal
@Apr 4, 2004 @ 08:14 PM

Because it's a great game?
[/b][/quote]

I'm sorry, I didn't know that I needed to spoon feed you information. :p

Yes,,,,

Everything is reasonably cheap except for REZ, Nice game though if u can afford it. I would seriously buy anything for the DC, like i said before, U only need a bootdisc or gameshark/action replay to play imports which opens up all though jap titles.

Heres a brief list of titles Ive recently played.

Speed devils,

Doa2

THPS, THPS2

Shenmue

Jet set radio

Sonic adventure

Metropolis st racer

All of these kick butt

All the 2K sports titles are to be had dirt cheap as well.

Might as well pick those up.

Also download Beats of Rage and the new Megaman Beats of Rage mod.

Free old-school-style gaming

Back