What's so great about Dreamcast?

Lots of things. Do you want me to go into it?

you can use roms/warez/ pirated games on it.... and it plays cds. and it has some good games.

Its dirt cheap and has a few cool arcade games is this enough for you :thumbs-up: ? As far as emulators goes I wasn´t impressed I failed to see one that was both interested and run nice.

Technically, Dreamcast is almost on par with the three current consoles. It had fantastic support from Capcom. It is CHEAP now. It has lots of great games get it for the games if not anything else, here's my collection so far if you want recommendations:

Crazy Taxi, Crazy Taxi 2, Dead or Alive 2, Grandia II, Gunbird 2, House of the Dead 2, Jet Grind Radio, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, King of Fighters Dream Match 1999, King of Fighters Evolution, Phantasy Star Online, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Sega Smash Pack Vol. 1, Shenmue, Shenmue II, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Typing of the Dead, Virtua Fighter 3tb, Zombie Revenge.

And I still have about 50 games on my to get list.

Bad things?

-Akward controller, for me I can never really hold it comfortably, and the analog stick is always slipping out of my hand.

-The memory cards don't hold much, and if you get an 8x card you have to change between 4 200 block sectors.

Yeah the gamepad is shit, unfortunately no psx gamepad adapter is fully compatible with analog stick so better invest in an arcade stick, a light gun and a pad adapter, Shenmue plays great with the saturn pad even in digital only, makes the fighting a lot easier!

Jap imports -> shooters all of them!

Pal imports -> shenmue 2 and headhunter

Originally posted by Zheræ@Apr 3, 2004 @ 08:54 PM

...unfortunately no psx gamepad adapter is fully compatible with analog stick...

I just ordered a Total Control adapter (the original). Are you saying the analog on the Playstation 2 pad won't function as the Dreamcast analog?

Not to be rude, but your questions are a bit inane. Dreamcasts cost next to nothing and don't warrant much fear as far as it being a 'waste of money'. Asking what games to buy is senseless because only you would know what you'd like to play. If the price of admission is too high, then you shouldn't waste your time.

I suggest you pick one up and visit gamepot.com for some decent reviews. Only a non-gamer would regret picking up a Dreamcast. :cool:

I just ordered a Total Control adapter (the original). Are you saying the analog on the Playstation 2 pad won't function as the Dreamcast analog?

Yeap thats it, I think if you put the switch in racing wheel mode you may use the psx analog for making curves like a racing wheel except you will be using the psx analog stick ;) I haven´t tried it yet but I´ve read it in googles news archive people did this. If there was a adapter that fully used psx analog stick this would be great maybe if enough people would be interested in such an adapter and with the recent retro adapters like psx>sat, psx>snes a fully analog compatible adapter could be made and finally we could dump that brick :smash . One of the problems is that psx has two analog sticks and the dc pad only has one.... I remember those bleem guys were gona release the bleempod a prototype was made but it never was serialized thanks to sony <_<

I want a Saturn pad -> DC adapter which supports analogue.

Then I'd be all like WOOT. And stuff.

Why would u wanna play w/ a PS pas? They are horrable! Atleast play w/ an s-type over a PS pad :). I guess everyone has their own opinions...but mine is the only important one, haha.

Because there are a gazillion psx gamepads to choose from 1, 2, 3, the Mad Catz RetroCon game pad is really something. And the DC only has two alternatives which are the oficial and the madcatz dreampad poor Dreamcast the Saturn on the other hand had the best acessories ;)

Ok, The dc is an excellent machine. If u like piracy fine but the originals are cheap. U only need a bootdisc to play imports, many titles habe a 50/60hz option. Its fine for people to mention piracy being simple but personally i think thats what killed it. You will fine that games which where ported to the ps2 are much better on the dc,, Crazy jaggie taxi anyone?

I have the total control plus and the analogue works fine (left only)

BTW, im a newbie here but ur questions are lifeless,,, ;)

Cool :cheers Is it a Total Contral Plus 5? And what pad and what games did work with the analogue stick? I´m definitely getting new psx pads if thats the case. DOA 2 is another example were the dc version looks better than the ps2.

Back