What's so great about Dreamcast?

Originally posted by Zheræ@Apr 3, 2004 @ 09:46 PM

I just ordered a Total Control adapter (the original). Are you saying the analog on the Playstation 2 pad won't function as the Dreamcast analog?

Yeap thats it, I think if you put the switch in racing wheel mode you may use the psx analog for making curves like a racing wheel except you will be using the psx analog stick ;) I haven´t tried it yet but I´ve read it in googles news archive people did this. If there was a adapter that fully used psx analog stick this would be great maybe if enough people would be interested in such an adapter and with the recent retro adapters like psx>sat, psx>snes a fully analog compatible adapter could be made and finally we could dump that brick :smash . One of the problems is that psx has two analog sticks and the dc pad only has one.... I remember those bleem guys were gona release the bleempod a prototype was made but it never was serialized thanks to sony <_<

:looney I got my Total Control today and the left analog stick works fine as the Dreamcast analog, after you press the analog button on the PS2 controller....I tried it with Jet Grind Radio

Nice its defitenely good news, try it with other games just to be sure like Sonic Adventure, Tennis 2K2 and specialy REZ if you have them. Maybe the Stunner Gun also works or the guncon :] gonna tried it later.

By the the way is your Total Control equal to mine it does have a switch which enables you to choose between a PSX pad and a Racing Wheel too bad I have no psx controler at the moment and the switch is and was always on racing wheel mode :blush:

Attachments

• Total_Control_5_01.jpg
    Total_Control_5_01.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Total_Control_5_01.jpg
    Total_Control_5_01.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Total_Control_5_01.jpg
    Total_Control_5_01.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 78

:ph34r: You got the good one! Where did you find that!?

No I've got the original. It has the switch to go between racing wheel and controller mode. It has Dual Shock 2 rumble support too, but nothing else. :damn:

dc-totalcontrol.jpg
I'll try it with some more games.

I got it from here too bad now its out of stock, it was really cheap and the shipping only took a day to arrive I only bought it so I could connect a saturn pad to play shooters on the dreamcast (I plan on building my own stick too so an adapter is needed since the oficial pad is good for nothing), the best thing about it is that this TC has a vmu slot and a 9V power plug for Dual Shock madness.

A friend of mine has a ps2 I´ll try some of his pads with this adapter and see if the left analogue works too (in both racing mode and normal mode) :drool: .

Edit: Heres another pic of the adapter in this angle you can see the switch I was talking about earlier Total Control 5.

Hmm, yeah I've been to that site before. It seems everywhere has been out of them for a long time. The VMU slot would have been nice, certain games that require the memory card to be in port 1, I have to switch controllers around to load my game. The left analog seems to work on any game. I tried it on Jet Grind Radio, Crazy Taxi 2, and King of Fighters 98--which doesn't use analogs in the first place, but I got into the game and didn't have time to test any others.

Back