What will be the Dreamcast's rare gems?

I am really mad at myself. A while ago I passed up SF: III at Gamestop. It was $20 complete. So now i want to cry cause i came back the next day for it and it was gone.

Project justice and Powerstone 2 i got for $14 each. Pretty good to me.

Originally posted by Shitface@Feb 21, 2004 @ 11:33 AM

I am really mad at myself. A while ago I passed up SF: III at Gamestop. It was $20 complete. So now i want to cry cause i came back the next day for it and it was gone.

Project justice and Powerstone 2 i got for $14 each. Pretty good to me.

If it makes you feel better, I was (and still am) looking for a second copy of Skies of Arcadia because my one disc seems to be messed up.

Anyway, I saw a nice copy at EBGames. Pirce was like $20. Thought it was kind of high since it was like $5 more than I payed for mine a year or so ago at Funco. Went home to check what the going prices were on eBay and found out it was more. Went back a couple days later and it was gone :(

I had the ability of getting 3 complete copies of Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout (PSX US Version) for $30 a piece...only bought one....kept the manual and box and sold the bare disc for $90 on trade in to funcoland years back...it's still worth a hell of a lot...

eidt: Take a look here at ebay for instance...this is w/o the instructions or case...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=27252

i know somebody with the japaniese version of the game, does ne1 know how much that version woould be worth?

Thats absolutely crazy! you can buy it here in the UK for £12.

I wonder if there is some kind of export opportunity :ph34r:

but a PAL version might not be as rare and therefore, not as valuable

Well, to ppl in the US it's prob. rare, so they would still pay a pretty penny. Specially if it was complete.

Midways Greatest Hits Vol. 2, one of if not the last game released in the US and less than 10,000 made.

I think there was Rampage and a few other good ones.

I would definately like to get that one

strange that noone ever mentioned the "for matching Services"-titles from Capcom here:

Vampire Chronicles and Street Fighter 2X - both were just available via Capcom online shops and in limited amounts if I remember correctly.

Have seen lots of fakes on Ebay though...

BTW, how rare is "Toy Racer"? The game was sold quite cheap and had an advertising saying that some of the money would be donated for charity reasons, so I wonder how many they´ve actually produced. Anyway, mine comes with a catalogue with a Half-Life-ad in it :D

Oh, and broken cases can be a real problem if you´re collecting PAL games - those were quite non-standard.

I'm pretty sure the matching service titles were released only in Japan. I know the SSF2 one isn't that uncommon (although it goes for a bit on eBay). Not sure about the VC one however.

Toy Racer is one title I would have liked to pick up-- even if it's only a couple of levels, Toy Commander was a sweet game and the online part sounded cool.

Just because I'm not into fighters nor RPGs.... sheesh, guys :rolleyes: :p

Back