What will be the Dreamcast's rare gems?

racketboy

Established Member

All the older Sega consoles seem to have them -- the games that seem to be slightly harder to find and eventually fetch higher prices at places like eBay.

The Saturn has Panzer Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun, and Guardian Heroes -- among others.

The Sega CD has Snatcher, Lunar 1 & 2, and the other Working Designs RPGs.

So what games do you think will be the hard-to-find favorites for the Dreamcast.

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike is one that I just finally aquired -- it seems to be getting harder to find at a decent price.

Any others you can think of?

eeh MvC2 doesn't seem to be that rare -- it's not THAT great of a game anyway.

And probably Ikaruga probably will last better over time than Border Down.

From my browsing of eBay, FF:MOTW and to a lesser extent, Last Blade 2 seem to get decent amounts for them.

Glad I snatched those two up a year ago when stores were clearing up.

** racketboy hugs his Dreamcast collection **

i just had to buy a stupid copy of a tombraider game instead of those 2 games.... thanks.... i feel special (sprays wd 40 on tombraider : AOD disc, then lights a match)

I have FF:MOTW. One of my first DC games.....it's fun :). I got it and the case was all smashed though :-\. Needa get a new one.

cases are no big deal.

its not like Saturn and Sega CD cases where they are some rare "propritary" cases :)

ya, and I'll add a vote for Shenmue 2.....atleast for here in the US. Other places prob. not so much.

What about Rez? I think that's pretty rare also.

Rez maybe, the PS2 version isn't easy to find but the game's not exclusive so it won't fetch as much in the long run IMHO. I think the exclusive titles will be worth more; most DC games of note have been ported to other systems though.

One game I can think of that is fairly rare - Record of Lodoss War. Probably won't be worth that much down the road, but it is a bit hard to find.

that's another I have had for a LONG time....ever since I had my DC. Never knew I had any semi-rare games.....I thought guilty gear X and Shenmue 2 were the two rarities, haha.

There are plenty of rare games on DC (suprisingly a fair bit of them are sports games). It depends on if you're looking for rare (as in hard to find period) or rare (as in popular and wanted).

For the hard to find you can add these to your list:

Bust-A-Move 4

Cannon Spike

Ducati World Racing Championship (uber rare this one)

Fatal Fury

Gundam: Side Story 0079 (uber rare and expensive, IE PDS rare)

King of Fighters Evolution (rareish, but hard to find)

Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness

MTV Sports: Skateboarding featuring Andy MacDonald

NBA Hoopz (uber rare Shaq game, *shudder*)

Power Stone 2 (just plain expensive)

Project Justice (rare and expensive)

Samba de Amigo (not really rare but normally expensive, especially with in the Sega brand maracas set)

Sno-Cross Championship Racing

Soldier of Fortune (uber rare and expensive)

Spider-Man (rare and can be expensive)

Tech Romancer (rareish, mostly just expensive)

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 (uber rare and ultra expensive)

Worms World Party (uber rare)

I'm sure you can mostly tell that alot of these games are either:

a. sports games

or

b. Capcom games

For the most part when you do find them they aren't expensive (unless stated otherwise above) but are exteremely hard to come by.

Wow this one I've passed up at GameSpot a few times:

Gundam: Side Story 0079

Don't really remember it costing much.

On eBay it seems to be going for about $20-30.

SFIII TS goes for double that at least.

How bout Bangai-O. I have that one, but have never seen it elsewhere.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Feb 20, 2004 @ 05:43 AM

King of Fighters Evolution (rareish, but hard to find)

I always found Dream Match (which I own) to be harder to find

a friend of mine in the UK told me Le Mans 24hr is worth 60 pounds there... I trip over that game all the time here in Holland, so I got him a copy for 6e :p

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Feb 20, 2004 @ 04:56 PM

a friend of mine in the UK told me Le Mans 24hr is worth 60 pounds there... I trip over that game all the time here in Holland, so I got him a copy for 6e :p

I passed that game up for $8 or so here.

I see Bangai-0 all the time here in Phoenix. Don't see Gundam or SFIII that often. But it just depends on where you go for pricing. Of coarse, you can get a used DC console with one controller for $19 USD here. :thumbs-up:

Originally posted by falstaff@Feb 20, 2004 @ 05:06 PM

I see Bangai-0 all the time here in Phoenix. Don't see Gundam or SFIII that often. But it just depends on where you go for pricing. Of coarse, you can get a used DC console with one controller for $19 USD here. :thumbs-up:

Consoles, I think, are the same here.

Unfortunately, I've passed up SFIII TS up for $20 about a year ago. But luckly stack99 hooked me up :)

I don't think it goes for a whole lot, but here's another game that I've only seem once and almost got: Red Dog. Anybody else see that one much?

Back