What CDR's to use for Saturn

I'm pretty sure that the swap trick will not allow you to play imports. To play imports you have to have an ST-Key, modchip, etc. Swap trick only works with same region copied games.

To play imports you can simply alter the JUMPER SETTINGS in the machine.

These control jap,usa,uk games.

The swap trick is a little trickier with model one Sats,the laser seems to be a lot quicker.

:thumbs-up:

Originally posted by SAG26@Jan 17, 2004 @ 06:33 AM

I'm pretty sure that the swap trick will not allow you to play imports. To play imports you have to have an ST-Key, modchip, etc. Swap trick only works with same region copied games.

wrong :p

Modboards won't bypass the country code..

When booting a saturn game, the country codes are read after the protection ring, thus, if you leave the original cd spin a little more, saturn will read the IP.BIN from the original, and will boot the copy even if it is an import. This swap is trickier, but it's possible.

Originally posted by croft@Jan 17, 2004 @ 08:22 AM

The swap trick is a little trickier with model one Sats,the laser seems to be a lot quicker.

I think it's easier... you have the cd access led as a guide... after reading the protection ring, the light will flash 3 times, that's the exact timing for doing the 2nd swap (original->cdr).

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Jan 17, 2004 @ 08:55 AM

I think it's easier... you have the cd access led as a guide... after reading the protection ring, the light will flash 3 times, that's the exact timing for doing the 2nd swap (original->cdr).

I agree too. Swap is a pian with model 2. Too bad sega didn't furnish them with LEDs. I hear that there's a mod for some of the older model 2's for LED though.

The best media tends to come from Japan, since that's the homeland of Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui Toatsu. AFAICT current Fujifilm is made by Taiyo Yuden. As for burn speed, that depends heavily on the engineering quality of your burner, and slower is not always better. The only way to be sure is to test.

Originally posted by kahuna+Jan 17, 2004 @ 06:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kahuna @ Jan 17, 2004 @ 06:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-IBarracudaI@Jan 17, 2004 @ 08:55 AM

I agree too. Swap is a pian with model 2. Too bad sega didn't furnish them with LEDs. I hear that there's a mod for some of the older model 2's for LED though. [/b][/quote]

if you're gonna mod a saturn, why don't you just put a mod CHIP in?

Originally posted by racketboy@Jan 19, 2004 @ 06:36 PM

if you're gonna mod a saturn, why don't you just put a mod CHIP in?

I like the LEDs on the model 1 saturns. It would be nice to have both modchip, and LED so I know what my laser is doing during a game. More of a personal preference than a necessity.

I have found the problem. It appears to be that it depends on the original u use in the swap trick. Some games will boot some games.

Also, about playing imports, I swear I can do it with soukyu, but I COULDNT with D&DTOD. Strange.

Back