Post your desktop

Last one from me.

This is the lighting desk that I'm chained to for the majority of the year:

[attachmentid=1232]

It's actually a K6-2 400MHz with all sorts of custom hardware.

Attachments

• Strand_430.jpg
    Strand_430.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Strand_430.jpg
    Strand_430.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 88
I'm just biased against those fancy-schmancy multimedia squishy keyboards. My keyboard is a good 'ol clicky model... tactile response is good. ;)

Emazur, you a fellow Pearl Jam fan? That looks like the Binaural album cover on your monitor...

I'll have a pic up soon...

Originally posted by it290@Fri, 2005-04-29 @ 11:58 AM

I'm just biased against those fancy-schmancy multimedia squishy keyboards. My keyboard is a good 'ol clicky model... tactile response is good. ;)

[post=133343]Quoted post[/post]​

To be honest I just wanted something that was wireless - so I can easily move the keyboard if I need the desk space - and it also had to look good with the Antec case. :D

Mal, you have excellent taste in pointing devices. I have yet to find a device I've liked better then the Microsoft Trackball Explorer (though I'm a big fan of the little eraser nub style devices on laptops. Not having to move your hands between the keyboard and mouse is a big plus in my book).

@it290

I was quite surprised to see that I have what appears to be the same Amiga trackball as you. Flashes red and green when you use it?

Here's my current desk arrangement:

[attachmentid=1233][attachmentid=1234]

Probably will change in the not too distant future.

Attachments

• P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 80
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    358.3 KB · Views: 84
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 80
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    358.3 KB · Views: 81
I first used a Trackball Explorer on the lighting desk at our other venue and I haven't looked back.

BTW, nice curtains. ;)

I liek the chair with the asscheeks and the computer components that are hooked up, but are not mounted at all, lol. Just chillin on the desk....High class :p

Originally posted by mal+Fri, 2005-04-29 @ 04:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Fri, 2005-04-29 @ 04:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW, nice curtains. ;)

[/b]

My fiance and I were supposed to go look at window treatments while she was in town for winter break, but it never happened. I being less bothered by such things have just improvised in the meantime.

<!--QuoteBegin-Pearl Jammzz

I liek the chair with the asscheeks and the computer components that are hooked up, but are not mounted at all, lol. Just chillin on the desk....High class :p[/quote]

You know you wish your chair had pockets.

I actually had started work on a custom case project (I was going to integrate it into my MIDI controller keyboard), but I never finished. Now all the pieces just sit on my desk and I've kind of grown to like it that way. Certainly no worries about air flow here.

The drives for my B&W Mac G3 (the computer on the floor with the black case) would be at least positioned properly if the cables were long enough. Unfortunately all the connectors are on the very bottom of the motherboard (because of the standard G3 case), but all of the drive bays are fairly high up in the case it is in now and all of the spare cables I have are short.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Fri, 2005-04-29 @ 03:06 AM

Emazur, you a fellow Pearl Jam fan? That looks like the Binaural album cover on your monitor...

I'll have a pic up soon...

[post=133347]Quoted post[/post]​

Not a Pearl Jam fan, but I checked google image search. You're right, it's the same. In case anyone's wondering, this is actually an image taken from hubble of the Hourglass Nebula. That such a thing exists in nature astounds me. The Hourglass Nebula made the cover of Time magazine, with words to the effect of "looking up at the sky, we can see the eye of God staring right back at us". That's exactly how I felt when I first saw it (though I'm aetheist). Other cool space images available at:

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Here ya go, got my 19'' flatscreen crt (viewsonic G90fb). Some 550 watt logitech 5.1 speakers (hooked up direct to my PC than through optical to my xbox for movies/gaming). My nice lil Antec tower and you can see a lil bit of my nice lil 27'' flatscreen Sony Wega HDTV :).

Think that covers everything, enjoy...

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 122
  • desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 119
I'm thinking of getting one of those cases when I upgrade to an Athlon 64. :thumbs-up:

@it290

I was quite surprised to see that I have what appears to be the same Amiga trackball as you. Flashes red and green when you use it?

Yup. The good 'ol Crystal trackball. Nice ball, it has a good feel to it. Great for Marble Madness.

this case rocks, and the color is awesome....all the pics I saw before it looked eh~. It's this cool metallic grey. Awesome case w/ good airflow and plenty of space, Don't think you'll be disappointed

Back