Street Fighter Zero 3 barebones

SFZ3: the reddit post: the patch: the thread! (TURBO!?) .003

Malenko

Established Member
Resource is already up but I figured why not a thread too?

SO I posted the first patch and missed this screen:
1693761865150.jpeg

and a few other data strings. I ended up finding them and I'm about to upload a slightly better patch, until someone finds the next thing.

I will post up stuff I figure out about the data, and stuff I need help figuring out in case people smarter than me know how its done. Despite getting a lot done, I'm still pretty much a neophyte when it comes to ASM and "real hacking" but man does it still feel good to figure stuff out!

For this newer patch I edited the tiles in KYOTU2.ROM to make the 0,8,4, and? use the same font as the one in ASCII.BIN

FUN FACT! PSX button icons are in the ASCII.DAT
1693762242144.png

You can see where I replaced the 4 tiles on the bottom sheet.

Here is that first screen fixed:
1693762892532.png

I did change "SAVE DATA1" to "GAME DATA1" after taking these screenies

Last edited:
Follow up to this, if someone wants to continue to work on this game, I have most of the files figured out and lots of the data offsets. If I work on this game, it'll be after Terra Phantastica , which is after Bomberman Fight!!

Thanks a bunch, I was hoping someone would do this and finally it's being done. Awesome stuff.

Are you planning on translating all dialogues between matches and such or will you leave it to someone else? That'd be perfect. I have zero knowledge on how to do all this programming, but I really appreciate the work you guys do here.

Are you planning on translating all dialogues between matches and such or will you leave it to someone else? That'd be perfect. I have zero knowledge on how to do all this programming, but I really appreciate the work you guys do here.
For now, I don't plan on doing anything else. I just saw the Reddit post and thought "well I can knock that out in 20 minutes" so I did. Eventually, if I still feel like doing this stuff after Terra Phantastica, then maybe I'd go for this game. I'd work on the world tour stuff first as I feel its more important. Another question I get about this is if I'd change everything to say Alpha instead of Zero and I wouldn't, it'd just be Zero 3 in English not Alpha 3.

For now, I don't plan on doing anything else. I just saw the Reddit post and thought "well I can knock that out in 20 minutes" so I did. Eventually, if I still feel like doing this stuff after Terra Phantastica, then maybe I'd go for this game. I'd work on the world tour stuff first as I feel its more important. Another question I get about this is if I'd change everything to say Alpha instead of Zero and I wouldn't, it'd just be Zero 3 in English not Alpha 3.
Appreciate your reply man. And yeah, the most sensible thing to translate would be the world tour mode. Thanks a bunch for your work, I love what this community has achieved so far.

Thanks you to look at this, World tour is clearly the priority in this game and imo keep the Zero name will be great for the Mike Bison logic, Claw and Dictator real names. And more work need to be done if Alpha coz intro voice need to say "Street Fighter Alpha 3"

Back