Official SEGA Trivia Game Thread

racketboy

Established Member
Lets all start a SEGA trivia game!

First one to correctly answer the question (preferably without using Google etc) gets to ask the next question.

I'll start with a fairly easy one...

Where does SEGA's name come from?

That is easy. Sega stands for SErvice GAmes. A name originally concieved by Nihon Goraku Bussan and then used for the new company when they merged with Rosen Enterprises in 196X (can't remember the exact year) in Japan.

Ok so now for my question.

What was Sega's THIRD home console released (worldwide)?

The SG-1000 and the other SG wasnt Worldwide... The Master System was the mk3 In Japan, So I'm guessing the Game Gear too. :p

Well nobody got it yet. I think instead of "worldwide" I should have said "anywhere in the world". Damn me and my using less words. So to clarify 3rd console released anywhere in the world.

HINT: Be specific. It can be tricky.

Well, if you're counting the SC series as a console and not a computer, I'd go with the SC-300H. I think it went

SG-1000

SC-3000

SC-300H

SG-1000 Mark II

but i could be wrong

---Ammut

I did say home CONSOLE (keyword there). And it's SC-3000H (not the answer just correcting Ammut). Boy I never figured it'd be this hard.

SG-1000

SG-1000 'Mark II'

>>SC-3000<<it had three variations one of which was the SC-3000H

Master System/Mark III

Genesis/Megadrive

...etc etc

I think I got it right. If so my question:

What character(s) were considered before Sonic the Hedgehog was chosen as SEGA's mascot?

Originally posted by gameboy900+Mar 9, 2004 @ 06:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Mar 9, 2004 @ 06:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did say home CONSOLE (keyword there). And it's SC-3000H (not the answer just correcting Ammut).[/b]

Well I thought the 3rd console would've been the Mark III (SMS) but that was wrong so I figured that you may have also included computers. And whoops, I did miss out on a zero there, sorry.

<!--QuoteBegin-gameboy900

Boy I never figured it'd be this hard.[/quote]

You calling me stupid? *smacks you upside the head*

Its your question that is stupid :sarcasm: :flamethrower: :wanker :bs

:huh

---Ammut

Originally posted by mountaindud@Mar 10, 2004 @ 07:15 AM

What character(s) were considered before Sonic the Hedgehog was chosen as SEGA's mascot?

It was Alex Kidd IIRC

Originally posted by Ammut+Mar 10, 2004 @ 02:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ammut @ Mar 10, 2004 @ 02:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by gameboy900@Mar 9, 2004 @ 06:36 AM

I did say home CONSOLE (keyword there). And it's SC-3000H (not the answer just correcting Ammut).

Well I thought the 3rd console would've been the Mark III (SMS) but that was wrong so I figured that you may have also included computers. And whoops, I did miss out on a zero there, sorry. [/b]

Ok I'll give it to you. It's the SG-1000 Mark III (NOT the Master System which is a considered a completely different console). You got the closest to it and I doubt anyone else would have.

<!--QuoteBegin-mountaindud
@Mar 10, 2004 @ 01:15 AM

SG-1000

SG-1000 'Mark II'

>>SC-3000<<it had three variations one of which was the SC-3000H

Master System/Mark III

Genesis/Megadrive

...etc etc

I think I got it right. If so my question:

[/quote]

Toe Jam and Earl.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Mar 10, 2004 @ 06:15 AM

There were a number of characters considered. The one they got the furthest along with was a bunny that would pick up enemies with its ears. This concept later evolved into Ristar.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Mar 9, 2004 @ 09:07 AM

Ok I'll give it to you. It's the SG-1000 Mark III (NOT the Master System which is a considered a completely different console). You got the closest to it and I doubt anyone else would have.

sorry, I guess I should've been that specific... but when I saw the word 'worldwide' I guess I just plain figured you'd accept either.

Has the question

"What character(s) were considered before Sonic the Hedgehog was chosen as SEGA's mascot? "

been answered correctly yet? I can't think of anything that hasn't already been guessed.

Anywho, I'll throw out an easy question... The standalone genesis/32X combo system that never came out was known as what? I'll even include a pic ;)

---Ammut

Attachments

• megaX.jpg
    megaX.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 82
  • megaX.jpg
    megaX.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 80
  • megaX.jpg
    megaX.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 88
Back