Dante vs Hayabusa!

Cloud121

Established Member
Okay, my friend brought his 'Box over, and he's renting Ninja Gaiden. I'm not really impressed. It should've been called "Ninja May Cry", as it's a clear rip-off of DMC! Even the Inventory screen is the same!

Due to my watching my friend play, and keeping mistaking Dante for Hayabusa, I decided on this poll.

Who would win?

Dante, EASILY! :thumbs-up:

Originally posted by it290@Jul 30, 2004 @ 03:59 PM

Joe Musashi would kill both their asses.

Yeah but he's not here. Besides, Cloud wouldn't be impressed by anything on Xbox, because his judgement is Clouded.

Oh, and I voted for Hayabusa.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Jul 30, 2004 @ 07:47 PM

WHA?! What do you mean I wouldn't be impressed by anything on 'Box?

Panzer Dragoon Orta anybody? :smokin:

Oh, I forgot the rare instance where your fanboy worlds collide. My bad.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Jul 31, 2004 @ 01:34 AM

hayabusa because the original ninja gaiden pwnz me :) ive been meaning to get the new one for my xbox, but im still skeptical about it living up to the greatnessof its NES predecessor.

Well if it doesnt at least you can unlock the original Ninja Gaiden trilogy in the game.

Prince of Persia's controls aren't sluggish; the game is just the first in a genre of games I like to refer to as 'tile-based platformer'. That includes other games like Flashback, Abe's Odysee/Exodus, Blackthorne, etc. It just means you have to anticipate your movements a little bit. I find this type of platformer extremely satisfying, as they demand a certain degree of precision. Some people call them 'puzzle-platformers'.

Sometimes its good. After you play a platformer where you can move around in the air and stuff, and then go back, its really frustrating more than anything.

Perhaps, but I really love those games. Flashback is one of my all-time favorites; I played that game to the point where I would do flawless (ie; not get hit) speed runs on hard mode. I also love the first two Oddworld games. It's just a different type of game, and some people don't like it- I was just pointing out that the 'sluggishness' is an intentional part of the game (intended, I think, to make it more realistic), not a design flaw.

Besides, sometimes more freedom in controlling your character is not a good thing. It's one of the reasons I think Super Castlevania IV is one of the weakest games in the series - the ability to move mid-jump and swing your whip in all directions really made the game too easy and made the sub-weapons nearly useless.

Originally posted by it290@Aug 1, 2004 @ 03:49 AM

Besides, sometimes more freedom in controlling your character is not a good thing. It's one of the reasons I think Super Castlevania IV is one of the weakest games in the series - the ability to move mid-jump and swing your whip in all directions really made the game too easy and made the sub-weapons nearly useless.

That was probably more of a balance flaw. Maybe a bit of both, maybe it didn't suit the game. But for instance, I love a fast-action game like Gunstar Heroes, and you can't apply those kinds of physics to it. If you did, it'd be broken horribly.

True, it's just that it's an integral part of the puzzle/tile-based platformer genre. If PoP had the same jumping mechanics as, say, Mario, the game would be rendered way too easy.

Back