Comp with dual processors

A couple of days ago, I ran into a guy who was leaving to go home for Singapore so he gave me his computer. I haven't checked it out yet, I only know it works. It's an AMD mobo with dual Intel processors both running at around 2.2 GHZ. Comes with 1gig ram, ATI radeon 9600, 100 gig HD, and WinXP.

Can WinXP do much with dual processors? I'm thinking of using it as an Avid workstation. Does anyone know offhand if Avid supports dual processors?

Finally, I'm also considering using to run old school games on DosBox. Can I devote an entire processor to Dosbox? Thanks again!

Originally posted by tsumake@Thu, 2005-08-25 @ 08:22 AM

A couple of days ago, I ran into a guy who was leaving to go home for Singapore so he gave me his computer. I haven't checked it out yet, I only know it works. It's an AMD mobo with dual Intel processors both running at around 2.2 GHZ. Comes with 1gig ram, ATI radeon 9600, 100 gig HD, and WinXP.

Can WinXP do much with dual processors? I'm thinking of using it as an Avid workstation. Does anyone know offhand if Avid supports dual processors?

Finally, I'm also considering using to run old school games on DosBox. Can I devote an entire processor to Dosbox? Thanks again!

[post=138739]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes you can devote an entire processor to dosbox, yes xp pro (haven't tried it with other windows versions, though I believe 2k has support also) does support SMP).

I love my SMP box =D

Back