Any play the old school phantasy stars?

Its kind of like Aeris in FF VII. There are was to keep her alive, but why? The character is usless with higher weapons.

I think someone found a method to use her for the entire game (without a Game Genie). I recall reading about it awhile back. I forget what the exact technique was, however. Also, if she does die after the Neifirst battle, the clone lab won't bring her back.

Originally posted by it290@Mar 3, 2004 @ 08:19 PM

Heh, nah. PSO really has nothing to do with the previous series; at first I thought that maybe the 'Pioneer' ships were somehow related to the ones in PS3 but someone says what their home planet is at some point, and it's not in the Algol star system-- and neither is Ragol.

Actually...there is a connection between the original series and PSO. In Phantasy Star Gaiden, the Japanese GG game, the world that the game takes place in is Coral, which was founded as a colony by the Queen of the Algol Star System, Alis Landale. *Plot Spoiler* When playing the game, you find that one of the main characters, Minna is actually a clone of Alis, and you actually control Alis (who was cryrogentically frozen on the planet) for the last part of the game. It was this society that faced the "destruction of their homeworld", and began the Pioneer Project. Coral is the planet mentioned in Episode II in the lower levels of the Seabed.

FYI, the SEGA Ages remakes of the Phantasy Star games is going to be released in the US (temp release date of Feb 2, 2005) as the Phantasy Star Trilogy, including PS1, PS2, and PSIV. All include updated graphics and music, and I definately can't wait for it.

And as a sidenote, I think the Phantasy Star series is the best RPG series made, followed by the Shining series. Most people probably never fully experieneced the absolutely amazing Shining Force III Trilogy (which actually started w/ Shining the Holy Ark, also a great game) for the Saturn.

I've owned II, III, and IV, but the only one I actually played quite a bit of was part 2. I don't even know what happened to part 2 and 3, but I sold part 4 for like $80 when it was going high on ebay.

Back