Any play the old school phantasy stars?

Hehe i liked them so much from my younger days, i ended up getting roms of all 4 of them hehe.

I still play them again from time to time lol

Though not as good as playing the originals, I have PS Collection on GBA and PS IV on cartridge. I still play all 4.

I've played all of the Genesis ones. Still haven't gotten around to playing part one though.

I've got Phantasy Star Collection on GBA, and the Sega Ages version on Sega Saturn. I've been looking for a genesis cartridge of #4.

I still say not enough credit is given to Phantasy Star III. Bad game or not, who ever says it doesn't belong in the series should be shot.

On a weird side note... i get this nostalgic feeling when i think of early genesis rpgs, like PSII, III, and Sword of Vermillion.. I think of days as a kid when i would stare at the Genesis Box for hours... just dreaming about the day i'd get those games.

the main flaw in PS3 is how slow it is.. walking around takes FOREVER.

other than that I have beaten the game in all possible combinations and really loved it.. yes, it doesn't fit into the style of PS2/4, but it's a good RPG nontheless with a decent storyline and good ideas (marriages etc).

the music is awesome in some spots too, i.e. the title theme (when the text scrolls after starting a new game) is one of the best I ever heard, and the "flying around with wren" music is really good too.

Yeah but PS3 has more references to PS and PS2. While it didnt fit the trend, it was actually PS 4 that didnt fit the main World. I dont say storyline because the story changed a bit each game. But between the area's of Ragol, the ship etc.. then suddenly they are different plannets, which is what they lead you to beleive before.. bleh.. nevermind my theories hehe.

All in all, They did seem to reuse characters, but Im a sucker for catgirl androids with claws :D.

Lacking in 4 though :(

Let me see if i can get the Evolution right.

Alys and umm damn.. Meiu.. i think? ps

Nei would of course be 2.

Meiun i think, was 3?

4 had no cat girl android that i can recall! :((((

and alice died early on.. bleh.

4 had a shrine for alys from ps 1 if i recall? the reminants of Alys's home town? T.. something started with a t? no?

Hmm...what about Rika from PS4 ? :)

4 has a city with Alys's statue in center...also shrine for Lutz....

Attachments

• Phantasy_Star_4___The_End_Of_The_Millenium__4______050.jpg
    Phantasy_Star_4___The_End_Of_The_Millenium__4______050.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 144
    39.1 KB · Views: 148
    39.1 KB · Views: 142
Originally posted by hunter_xi@Feb 15, 2004 @ 02:32 AM

Yeah but PS3 has more references to PS and PS2. While it didnt fit the trend, it was actually PS 4 that didnt fit the main World. I dont say storyline because the story changed a bit each game. But between the area's of Ragol, the ship etc.. then suddenly they are different plannets, which is what they lead you to beleive before.. bleh.. nevermind my theories hehe.

All in all, They did seem to reuse characters, but Im a sucker for catgirl androids with claws :D.

Lacking in 4 though :(

Let me see if i can get the Evolution right.

Alys and umm damn.. Meiu.. i think? ps

Nei would of course be 2.

Meiun i think, was 3?

4 had no cat girl android that i can recall! :((((

and alice died early on.. bleh.

4 had a shrine for alys from ps 1 if i recall? the reminants of Alys's home town? T.. something started with a t? no?

I think part VI had the most references to it's predessors:

I: Lassic, Alis,

II: Rika's birth/history, the landale(was it?) in tyler

III: The spaceship crash site

uh... i guess maybe not as much as i thought there was, or i'm just forgeting alot.

... anyway, i just remembered how fun the game was and i now want to play it. Now If there was some way to up the difficulty where every boss is as hard as the Xe-A-Thuls(sp?) were.

oh and i think the town's name was Termi

I stil play all of them and started playing PS Adventure. I own the PScollection for Saturn (absolutely mint even if used :eek: ) and the original MD cartridges.

Eheh...my nick comes from PS3 ;)

Interesting variations in spelling....

RAGOL

ARGOL

(ALGOL)

(LAGOL?)

They change two letters and it's a "Whole New World"

lol

My first rental after I got my Genesis was PS IV. I played it; beat it.. and rented it for so many weeks in a row.. the "rental guy" should've given it to me. I didn't even know what an RPG was back then.. but I loved it.

Today I own carts; manuals & cases of all 4 games.

..never got into PSO though.. it just seemd too "simple" for me.

Heh, nah. PSO really has nothing to do with the previous series; at first I thought that maybe the 'Pioneer' ships were somehow related to the ones in PS3 but someone says what their home planet is at some point, and it's not in the Algol star system-- and neither is Ragol.

in phantasy star 2, there's a part where you have to unlock the four dams before you get to dezo (i think, but i haven't played in a while). i think that after the the fourth one, you have to fight nei-first. is it possible to beat her?

then again, it's probably just part of the story...meh, just wondering.

do you think they'll ever make a "real" phantasy star sequel?

"ALGO" ?

There is a way to beat her, but it doesn't matter. What happens afterward is unavoidable.. although I hear there is a way to keep Nei in your party. Not really worth the effort though as she doesn't have any equipment she can use after that point anyway.

Back