Which console is Sega's best?

I umm, eh, err, HARD F-ING CHOICE. I mean bejebus, how does one choose? OK, OK, Sega CD got my vote 'cause like man come on, LUNAR, ECCO, Earthworm Jim Special Edition, Shining Force CD, and No one can forget Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch music video maker. Come on! I was glued to this system for years and I still am. Next is the saturn then DC.

Ah man, the SNES vs. Genny war. I remember it oh so well. Me and my friend keith fighting vigorousily over it. I don't know, Genny got me though. It was less cartoony looking, had SONIC and ECCO. I was 9, so RPG's weren't my fortay yet, more violent, and god damn the Genny shadowrun was so much cooler.

The Mega Drive was the first console I owned, and loved it, I still play it loads.

The Dreamcast was the console that probally turned me into the Sega obsessive I am now.

The Dreamcast was just the console that did so much, in so little time.

Plus it also showed what Sega are really capable of, with so many god damn amazing games, no matter how much pressure they were under.

No votes for the Master System? I've never owned one (although I used to play my friend's back in the day... Zaxxon 3d was awesome), but I figured there would at least be a few hardcore fans here.

Whoa wait... what did you say?

*Scrolls up and looks at poll*

HOLY CRAP! THERE ARE NO VOTES FOR MASTER SYSTEM!!!! What the hell is going on? :unsure:

It wasn't THAT great -- I'm mean come on -- better than the Genny, Saturn, or Dreamcast?

No.. but..

It's the goddamn Master System! You saw what that thing did in Europe and Brazil! It completely DESTROYED the NES! Not too mention, it had Phantasy Star! FM Sound!

Sorry, I'm really hyper this morning...

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 1, 2004 @ 05:21 PM

No.. but..

It's the goddamn Master System! You saw what that thing did in Europe and Brazil! It completely DESTROYED the NES! Not too mention, it had Phantasy Star! FM Sound!

Sorry, I'm really hyper this morning...

Europe its not a country Cloud, the NES was very popular specially the bootleg systems and with the help of a special cart you could play original NES games on them :lol:

I voted for Dreamcast because it was the half decent console that SEGA did. They almost did it!

What you don't even think the Genesis was "half-decent"???

The Dreamcast in some ways is top in my mind even though it didn't get my vote.

The 4 controller ports and the VMU were big things in my mind.

My non-Sega friends are always impressed with the "little screens" in the controller :)

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 30, 2004 @ 03:59 PM

Regarding the Mega Drive, I had a Mega Drive and a Super Famicom, and the Super Famicom is a much better system.

my lady seems to forget joining genesis + segacd + 32x made THE difference.

loving and respecting you, as always

siamese

I was too damn lil for the nes/stari days. Nes I was around for a lil bit, but ya gotta remember, I was born at the end of 85. All you people who have 6-7 years on me can remember it greatly, but for me I grew up w/ the genny/snes. Making it more influential in my eyes.

Originally posted by siamese@Jul 1, 2004 @ 05:50 PM

my lady seems to forget joining genesis + segacd + 32x made THE difference.

loving and respecting you, as always

siamese

Obviously! I prefer a Mega Drive + MegaCD over the Super Famicom!

Back