Which console is Sega's best?

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member

Let the battle begin! arghhhh!

My personal fave is the Saturn.....I like my other Sega consoles but this is the one I find myself going back to play time and time again. How could it of done so bad!?!? Maybe cuz lots of the good games were never released here. We did get lots of great ones though so I dunno?

Anywho, leave yer thoughts as well as yer vote.

I went with the good 'ol Genesis, its what put Sega on the map and was great for its time...not only specswise but also for moving the industry forward.

---Ammut

I would have to say genesis. I love PS 2-4. Those games just rock. There are many other games that rock too. Though, Master System will always hold a place in my heart. It was my first video game system.

Megadrive all the way.... Saturn is there with a very close second. But MD is the true classic.

Tough call for me. I love all of Sega's consoles.

Dreamcast is my favorite, my Nomad is my single most prized possesion, and you all know my worshipping of the Saturn :bow

But I voted 32x. I don't know why. Maybe because I LOVE the thing to DEATH, and it doesn't get much love? Maybe because picking one up solidified myself as a Sega fanatic (Yes, the Saturn came first, however, I got the 32x a year later)?

Ah.. three years ago this August is when I got my 32x. I can't remember the exact date though...

Regarding the Mega Drive, I had a Mega Drive and a Super Famicom, and the Super Famicom is a much better system.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 30, 2004 @ 03:59 PM

Regarding the Mega Drive, I had a Mega Drive and a Super Famicom, and the Super Famicom is a much better system.

:lol: You love pushing people's buttons don't you?

I had both too. From 1991 to 1996 I had my Genesis phases, and I had Super Nintendo phases. Overall, I'd have to say I liked them equally.

I voted Genesis/MegaDrive

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 30, 2004 @ 08:59 PM

I would hope so considering it came out later.

Technolody does advance.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 30, 2004 @ 04:10 PM

I would hope so considering it came out later.

Technolody does advance.

Yes, like with the PlayStation2, right?

Anyway, it had better sound, more onscreen colors, better game library, at least that is my opinion.

SNES was very good -- but it's so close that it's really up to preference.

During that time I thought Sonic was much more fun than Mario, so that's what determined what I bought.

both excellent systems. I love both. Satrun still owns both of em though, haha. Genny and SNES both gave A LOT to the gaming community. They helped advance video games tonz. Prob. the 2 most influencial systems ever.

Regarding the Mega Drive, I had a Mega Drive and a Super Famicom, and the Super Famicom is a much better system

It really depends on what type of games you prefer. If you like RPGs, sure, the SNES is better. But if you like fast action games and shooters, you can't deny the Genesis' superiority.

both excellent systems. I love both. Satrun still owns both of em though, haha. Genny and SNES both gave A LOT to the gaming community. They helped advance video games tonz. Prob. the 2 most influencial systems ever.

Nah... I'd say the Atari VCS and the NES were both more influential.

Between the MegaDrive and Super Famicom, I have to go with the MegaDrive.

I love the MD's poor sound quality. The scratchy voices, the weird sound effects in place of the SFC version's (somewhat) digitized sound.

Not too mention, I love the limited color palette. It's kinda fun seeing games with crisp, clean, colorful visuals on SFC, then play the MD version and see it be a little darker, along with somewhat odd looking visuals, due to the limited color palette.

Then again, the MD didn't set world records for slow down, like the SFC did. If only Nintendo went with 5 MHZ, as opposed to 3.58 MHZ...

Besides, without the MD, I can't play my beloved 32x! :bow

From an RPG standpoint. I'd say they're equal. Phantasy Star IV is the greatest RPG ever, and Final Fantasy IV is the best RPG Square has ever made (it just BARELY edges out Chrono Cross and Parasite Eve as my favorite Square game).

The MD has PS and the Shining games (if you count the Mega CD, you got Lunar, Vay, and Popful Mail as well)

The SFC has FF, BoF, Seiken Densetsu, CT, and Mario RPG (My first RPG! :cool: )

Actually, scratch the equal part. I think the MD has the advantage. The sheer greatness that is PSIV, and the addicting as hell Shining Force games (never played Shining in The Darkness), make it the winner in my book. :thumbs-up:

Back