What was the best Shinobi game?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Aug 18, 2004 @ 02:20 AM

Am I the only one who hated Shinobi, but loved Nightshade?

I thought they were equally average.

I voted for revenge. I thought the most recent two outings were sub-par. Although I've heard they plan to return a bit more to Shinobi's roots if they make another one?

I voted for the original Shinobi, but that refers to the arcade version, not that damnable SMS version. I just feel that the original has the tightest control and best challenge level. I enjoy Revenge / Shinobi III (and in fact Shinobi III would probably be my second choice), but I do feel the health bar thing detracted from the game. It makes you feel like more of a ninja when you have to get past some of the trickier levels without taking a hit. I used to play Shinobi every single day in the arcades, and it definitely inpsired some heated high-score competitions!

NO!

It goes like this:

Shinobi

Revenge of Shinobi

Shadow Dancer (Arcade)

Shadow Dancer (MD/Genny)

Shinobi IV (aka "Shinobi III")

Shinobi Legions

Shinobi

Nightshade

No need for the SMS/NES option, as IT'S THE SAME GAME AS THE ARCADE VERSION!

God, I hate it when people mess with my polls...

I would hardly call the SMS version the same as the arcade, much less the abysmal NES version. That's like saying that 2600 Pac-Man is the same as the arcade.

Also, what's up with the "Shinobi IV aka 'Shinobi III'" option? The game is has never been known as Shinobi IV to my knowledge.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Aug 19, 2004 @ 05:48 AM

NO!

It goes like this:

Shinobi

Revenge of Shinobi

Shadow Dancer (Arcade)

Shadow Dancer (MD/Genny)

Shinobi IV (aka "Shinobi III")

Shinobi Legions

Shinobi

Nightshade

No need for the SMS/NES option, as IT'S THE SAME GAME AS THE ARCADE VERSION!

God, I hate it when people mess with my polls...

You differentiated the two Shadow Dancer titles, but why didn't you do the same for the two Shinobi titles? :huh

Originally posted by IHM@Aug 19, 2004 @ 01:30 AM

You differentiated the two Shadow Dancer titles, but why didn't you do the same for the two Shinobi titles? :huh

I put them in order of release, so I figured people would figure that part out.

Originally posted by IHM@Aug 19, 2004 @ 01:30 AM

Rolf isn't known for his consistency.

Back