What is your favorite Sonic Team Series?

dude what up... to hard to answer come on now.

no sonic team is on the PS series. Oh and what bout Shining Force.

ill go with shining force, sonic, PS

Well, PS was pretty much created before there was a Sonic Team, or Sonic for that matter. Yes, Yuji Naka worked on them (not sure which, I think maybe only I and II), but they don't really qualify as Sonic Team games, IMHO. And Sonic Team had nothing to do with Shining Force. You're thinking of Sonic Software Planning, which later became Camelot.

You mean Camelot Software Planning? These guys work on Mario Golf for the Gamecube and on the Game Boy Advance version too.

Yes, Mario Golf, Golden Sun, etc. They created all the classic Shining Games as well.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 6, 2004 @ 06:18 PM

Well, PS was pretty much created before there was a Sonic Team, or Sonic for that matter. Yes, Yuji Naka worked on them (not sure which, I think maybe only I and II), but they don't really qualify as Sonic Team games, IMHO....

That's what I thought. I think Yuji Naka designed the dungeons in Phantasy Star if I remember correctly.

Well, I believe he was the lead programmer on both games, but maybe it was just PSII.

I'm playing Phantasy Star II right now, I'll keep an eye out for him during the credits.

no im thinking of the sega cd and game gear shining force games. Sonic team worked on those.

yuji naka worked on 1, 2, and 4 i believe.

Naka only did PS and PSII. I'd vote Phantasy Star, but this is Sonic Team, and they did PSO, which I'm not that big of a fan of. I vote Burning Rangers.

In PSII credits, look for "Muuu Yuji". That's Naka.

I gave a speech on Naka last year, and I mentioned PSIV. I felt so stupid, as it was accidental. I only put PSIV on the tape I made, so the other students could hear The End of The Millenium.

Take Phantasy Star off the poll, as it isn't Sonic Team.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 7, 2004 @ 02:35 AM

Take Phantasy Star off the poll, as it isn't Sonic Team.

I think I will. Just because Yuji Naka worked on two of them doesn't make it a Sonic Team game series. Especially since S-T wasn't officially established in 1987-89.

no im thinking of the sega cd and game gear shining force games. Sonic team worked on those.

No, trust me, it was Sonic Software Planning. A lot of people get confused about that. Fire up Shining Force CD and you will hear it loud and clear... ' Sonic! ... Software Planning'.

I went oddball and voted Samba.

I like Sonic, but aren't much for the 3D ones. And the Advance games don't quite have the same feel as the Genny games -- must be a lack of blast processing.

Never played PSO since I'm not an online RPG guy

If they would make a nice Nights sequal, I would vote for that.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 7, 2004 @ 03:20 PM

No, trust me, it was Sonic Software Planning. A lot of people get confused about that. Fire up Shining Force CD and you will hear it loud and clear... ' Sonic! ... Software Planning'.

Yes, most definitely. I can still remember that voice clearly.

Anyway, the only real established, long standing series listed is Sonic. If we see some more sequels to other stuff, maybe that will change, but right now its no contest.

Well, PSO is at 3 main games right now, plus Phantasy Star Universe is coming up, so I guess that qualifies as a series. Also, I personally consider the Sonic and Sonic Adventure games to be different series, kind of like Mega Man vs Mega Man X.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 8, 2004 @ 07:34 AM

Well, PSO is at 3 main games right now, plus Phantasy Star Universe is coming up, so I guess that qualifies as a series. Also, I personally consider the Sonic and Sonic Adventure games to be different series, kind of like Mega Man vs Mega Man X.

I guess so, but PSO only had two main episodes and then a card game episode. Seeing as how Episode II is really an expansion more than anything, I still can't see it as a series. When we get more info about PSU, we'll talk.

As for SA, I'd more or less agree, but it wasn't a choice. Besides, there's only two SA games, and I have a hard time lumping SH in with SA1/2. Not like it matters, because although I liked SA1/2, I'd still have to vote for the originals.

Back