This saddens me...

Yeah that's pretty stupid. Granted his parents made a pretty big blunder buying a Mac for someone who doesn't want a Mac, but he should have come clean with them. I'm no Mac fan myself, but geez gutting a dual G5 and putting together his ghetto rig. Beyond that, he's happy that his parents don't know anything (did they miss the neon glowing??).

Besides, he needs to duct his PSU's exhaust directly out of the back of the case. He's going to be baking the rest of his ghettoputer like that.

wow, they just took a REALLY expensive computer, and cut the value in half or less. BRAVO! I'm not a mac user, but it doesn't even look nice like macs do anymore.

ya, I would kept it. Jesus, thos things are pimp but not for the $$. I personally woulda come clean w/ my parents and seen if they woulda taken it back and then would of build an insane PC w/ all that $$. Aren't those things like 3.5g's?

Originally posted by racketboy@Jan 29, 2004 @ 06:26 PM

Wait till Cloud sees this...

WHAT THE FUCK!??!?!?! I SWEAR I WILL HUNT THIS FUCKING GUY DOWN AND MAKE HIS LIFE A LIVING HELL!!! YOU DON'T DO NOT DISGRACE A G5 LIKE THAT!!!!! THAT GUY WILL BEG OR MERCY WHEN I'M DONE WITH HIM!!! GALLSTAFF! SAME FOR YOU FOR MAKING THAT COMMENT!!

Oh man I'm pissed now... First I lose my job, now THIS! ARGH!

BJammzz, are you talking the G5? Thr fastest at the moment is Dual 2.0 GHZ. Rumors going that it may hit 3.0 GHZ sometime this year....

Oh man... that guy must have a serious death wish....

I feel like breaking something right now....

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jan 30, 2004 @ 12:25 AM

I think it fucking owns

Why does it own? The case is all wrong for a PC, and his resulting computer is a POS with really horrible mounting, setup, appearance, etc.

Cloud: You're going a bit overboard there buddy. I thought it was a shame too, more importantly dishonest and a waste, but it IS just a computer.

I find the G5 overpriced for not that great a machine anyway. It's like at 2 ghz... yay? I paid 90 dollars for an athlon xp and oh look, it's 2 ghz as well. The computer could be a fine machine and all, but it's just so damn proprietary it doesn't give you the freedom a pc does.

What an absolute tool.

Sure, if you got your hands on a dead G5 and PC'd the case I'd have no problem, but gutting a perfectly good one, doing a really half assed job and putting in crap hardware?

When I showed my friend, who happens to love Apple, he looked sick. He did not say anything to me. He just put his hands on his head and was in shock. I wish I had a picture of that.

I put all the parts from the G5 into a box and gave it to my friend. He was rather happy. I think he is going to try to install them into his G3 - I hope he's successful.

At least this moron has a heart. ;-) the G5 lives on chill out.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jan 29, 2004 @ 10:46 PM

I find the G5 overpriced for not that great a machine anyway. It's like at 2 ghz... yay? I paid 90 dollars for an athlon xp and oh look, it's 2 ghz as well. The computer could be a fine machine and all, but it's just so damn proprietary it doesn't give you the freedom a pc does.

Windows is definitely not as "free" as you would like to think, nor would Macs be as "restricted" as you would like to think. Windows tries to lock you into using their software by defaulting to their software, versus something you install. This, however is matched on the Mac OS, so in this respect, Windows is not about "freedom". You might also be saying that PC's are better because you can install a variety of operating systems on it, and that you can use a variety of hardware. The same, though you may not have realized, is the same for Macintosh Hardware. I can go to NetBSD's, Kernel.org, Mandrake's, Gentoo's, etc. website and grab a disc image of their open operating system, which has just as much choice as on commodity x86 hardware, and install it over the default OS X.

Apple's hardware can also support a variety of plug-in cards, close to my knowledge, if there is a matching driver for *nix, as OS X and *nix is quite similiar (though different in it's programming interface), so, along with Apple's extensive example codebase for Darwin, one could port over a driver rather easily.

Also, I don't see Apple trying to get you to use an operating system that's soon to have "trusted computing" at it's core, nor will Apple hardware have to use a proprietary bios that Microsoft is creating, that will ultimately add more bugs to Microsoft's already buggy operating system.

I haven't seen anything like the mydoom, sobig, etc, hit the Macintosh platform, so you'd then have a point with the freedom of viruses to contract. You also have the freedom with Microsoft software to choose which spyware you'd like to have.

"Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure G5 is a great computer, but I wanted a Dell for Christmas."

so he has the know how to gut this thing, change it to his liking but wanted a DELL!!?? build your own you apeshit. what a moron.

My god! How horrible! People can be EXTREMELY idiotic sometimes... I just can't stop crying... this is so... terrible...

*cries more*

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jan 29, 2004 @ 11:46 PM

DUAL 2GHz, 64-bit processor, 1GHz Bus.

All processors aren't the same but with different "speed".

Originally posted by Cloud121+Jan 30, 2004 @ 12:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ Jan 30, 2004 @ 12:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff@Jan 29, 2004 @ 10:46 PM

I haven't seen anything like the mydoom, sobig, etc, hit the Macintosh platform, so you'd then have a point with the freedom of viruses to contract. You also have the freedom with Microsoft software to choose which spyware you'd like to have. [/b][/quote]

I've never gotten a virus on this computer

Heh heh, this guy's email is included on the second page. I bet he's getting some serious flame mail right now. What an idiot. Can anyone say 'spoiled rich kid'?

Back