Shining Force III Premium Disk Translation

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Thu, 2006-04-27 @ 06:32 PM

KnightOfDragon has released his patch for Shining Force III Premium Disk. The Patch is close to being complete but has some bugs and spelling/grammar errors that need fixed. This is amazing news to any Shining Force Fan!

For more information check out the original post over at Shining Force Central:

Shining Force Central: SFIII Premium Disk Translation Topic

[post=145918]Quoted post[/post]​

This translation looks really interresting, it will give us one of Shining Force not translated for the Saturn. :drool: It seems there is also a promising translation of the Scenario 2. :banana

Originally posted by vbt@Thu, 2006-04-27 @ 10:50 PM

This translation looks really interresting, it will give us one of Shining Force not translated for the Saturn. :drool: It seems there is also a promising translation of the Scenario 2. :banana

[post=145920]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes the Scenario 2 translation is coming along nicely too. I hope enough people can help out so this doenst die out before it gets completed.

I just tried the patch, simple to apply and it works great. I dont have any shining fore III save files to play around with at the moment though. If all three scenarios are available in english someday it would just be amazing.

this is the same guy that used all of cyberwarriorx's work without giving him credit?

"Update added to website and its spelled Maneuverings, and on a side note, the PD is something i did mostly on my own, minus ark666 for the kanji database help and aho for some image touching up.

I use this great program called Multitranse, it gives some legible output and all you have to do is just make it sound more fluent"

uh, he babelfished the translation.

I thought I saw your name in the credits section in the readme for the patch Cyber Warrior X, or are you guys referrring to something else? Was it you Cyber Warrior X that was able to decode the strange compression algorithim that SF3 used or did you isolate the ASM code in the game that was responsible for the compression/decpmpression? I just want to get my understanding straight.

I dont mean to be an ignorant fool here, but I hope the project stays alive long enough to at least get a rough translation of scenario 2 and 3 reguardless of who did what.

Man did I screw up! I had the wrong guys name in there, thats what you get for not paying attention to what you are typing. Sorry to the both of you, Ex cyber and Cyber Warrior X

Here is what is written in the readme

Special Thanks to:

Cyber Warrior X for partially figuring out the decompressor

Aho for some image editing and work on the SF3-2 Translation

ark666 for updateing the kanji database

Lord Oddeye for finding a lot of the bugs

Moogie and the rest of the SFC boards for support and information,

even though in the beginining it seemed like a lost cause ;-)

*shrugs* No sense beating a dead horse on this one. Although as far as the translation goes, all I have to say is something along the lines of: WAOOOOON! Maybe langfandood changed his identity or something and "secretly" decided to do this game too. :smokin:

Cyber Warrior X

The shift of words is with the property of the very poor. Placing to shrine on KnightOfDragon is the narrowly-followed path. With new day may arrive completeness of vision.

Is it received?

One ignorant article on whirlpool and suddenly im a bad guy. Tell me what kind of credit should be present and i'll do it.

You make it sound like CX did all the work and I just slapped some kind of GUI on it, when some of the work I already had found. His work actually gave some more insights for me to complete it. I found a lot of the stuff before I even knew of CX or his work, and my first incomplete patch was made before he even released his work I believe.

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Thu, 2006-04-27 @ 08:56 PM

Yes the Scenario 2 translation is coming along nicely too. I hope enough people can help out so this doenst die out before it gets completed.

I just tried the patch, simple to apply and it works great. I dont have any shining fore III save files to play around with at the moment though. If all three scenarios are available in english someday it would just be amazing.

[post=145922]Quoted post[/post]​

Theres not a lot of important text in the PD if you never seen it, its mostly some instructions on what to do, and names along with titles. I beleive a lot of the work from the SF3-2 script made by the Aspinia team was "babelfished" if I remember correctly when they used the script.

Also Aspartate did a lot of the begninning stuff for scen 2 and helps me out a lot when it comes to the wording of things

Originally posted by knights0fdragon2@Sat, 2006-04-29 @ 10:26 PM

Theres not a lot of important text in the PD if you never seen it, its mostly some instructions on what to do, and names along with titles. I beleive a lot of the work from the SF3-2 script made by the Aspinia team was "babelfished" if I remember correctly when they used the script.

Also Aspartate did a lot of the begninning stuff for scen 2 and helps me out a lot when it comes to the wording of things

[post=145953]Quoted post[/post]​

babelfishing a script and then making it readable is not a translation, it's a waste of everyones time that plays the game.

tell that to the aspinia team who translated scen 2 that this site provides, (they used translingo, i used multitrans) and a lot of people i bet have used, that they wasted there times then, I apoligize for wasting everyones time then, because you know that PD has a lot of story to it, I just wanted to make the PD easier to navigate. I should also apoligize for people trying out the scen 2 patch too, since some of the lines are coming from the SFC scripts since its the "translation" everyone is used to. It is best to just read the "translation" off the script paper to save yourselves some of the wasted time.

mmm, why do you battle for a translation ? It will help many people to discover the game. The patch looks ready to use.

Originally posted by vbt@Sun, 2006-04-30 @ 05:47 AM

mmm, why do you battle for a translation ? It will help many people to discover the game. The patch looks ready to use.

[post=145958]Quoted post[/post]​

I 'battle' for a translation for the same reason I cringe while trying to understand your post. I recently downloaded a translation of a game that I wanted to play and it turns out that it was probably 'babelfished' as well. I had to go back and get the Japanese version of the game and am currently playing that and understanding it much more easily than the crap English babelfished 'translation.'

Well a lot of scenario 2 is not being "babelfished" thanks to aspartate translating things for me

The PD has no story to it, just a bunch of menues and commands, so translating things like Attack are going to be mostly the same through a translator or a program

Originally posted by mal@Mon, 2006-05-01 @ 11:09 AM

How's Snatcher going Skank?

[post=145986]Quoted post[/post]​

we never got a coherent dump of the snatcher text done so now i'm working on something a bit different. a game that's never been in english on any platform. although, since i'm currently in japan for school i have lots of other things to do, so it's on the backburner until 1) the programmer gets the text inserted that i've translated to make sure it works and we're not worried about text problems and 2) i have free time

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Tue, 2006-05-02 @ 05:00 AM

we never got a coherent dump of the snatcher text done so now i'm working on something a bit different. a game that's never been in english on any platform.

Any other clues?

Back