Shining Force CD

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Prepare to do battle!

Join the Shining Force in their valiant struggle to beat back the power-mad King Iom and his invading army! To defeat his evil horde and save the Kingdom of Cypress, it will take cunning strategy, magic spells, and even hand-to-hand combat!
  • Combines the best of the Shining Force series into four complete role-playing adventures with over 50 battles—all on one CD!
  • Play up to 12 characters at a time from over 20 unique classes including Sniper, Berserker, and Paladin.
  • Promote characters to gain more power and wield even deadlier weapons,
  • Includes an original CD soundtrack and enhanced graphics.

Attachments

• Shining_Force_CD_Front.JPG
    Shining_Force_CD_Front.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 135
    128.7 KB · Views: 136
    128.7 KB · Views: 132
    128.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Shining_Force_CD_Back.JPG
    Shining_Force_CD_Back.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 131
    114.5 KB · Views: 127
    114.5 KB · Views: 130
    114.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Shining_Force_CD_Disc.JPG
    Shining_Force_CD_Disc.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 132
    90.9 KB · Views: 139
    90.9 KB · Views: 125
    90.9 KB · Views: 137
I've played it till the end and as far as I remember there was "no story" and almost only battles.

The game was great but not better than SF1 & SF2.

When i was playing SF, i couldnt play any other games becuase it used to chew up all of the damn internal memory and i didnt have a ram cart at the time, needless to say, that most of it was played in large chunks.

It took me a while before i was willing to delete my save file for it. I was always putting off finishing the game.

Yeah, this was one of those nightmare games for anyone that did not have a ram cart. Dungeon Master was another one that took up like 100 bytes or whatever I believe. I did not get a ram cart until a few years after sega cd games were taken off of retail shelves.

The game is alright, if you like pre-determined games with no adventure.

I too dislike the 'no wandering around' part, but SF1 didn't have much of that either, and hey, it's two games for the price of one!

I enjoyed this game. It was simple, didn't take long to beat, and the story was fun. Being a remake, they could've added towns to wander around in. Oh well.

Yes, the exploring part of the game was even less so than SF1, at least there you had towns to look through. However this game was still enjoyable, and its great that they updated the graphics to equal that of SF1 from the GG. It was a fun game to play.

Back