Sega SC3000H

Hi All

I have a mint Sega SC3000H boxed and finally got hold of some carts today. I have hypersports, starjacker and pacar (also some jap carts). Now this looks to me like MSX roms in disguise with the sega label, Am i anywhere near the truth here? Oh, its a great machine, Pity i havent got the rom cart.

It is NOT an MSX so don't even try. It's basically just the Sega SG-1000 game console but with the optional keyboard built in and a bit more RAM to allow programming using the BASIC cartridges. If you get a tape drive there are games for that as well. You can also get the optional SF-7000 module which adds a parallel port (for printers), more RAM and a 3" (NOT 3.5") floppy drive.

For more info on this system look here http://vgrebirth.org/articles/segabase/volume1.asp

Near the bottom it discusses the SG-1000 and the SC-3000.

Incidentally those games WILL play just fine on a Master System if you want to save the SC-3000 some wear and tear.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Feb 14, 2004 @ 01:23 PM

It is NOT an MSX so don't even try. It's basically just the Sega SG-1000 game console but with the optional keyboard built in and a bit more RAM to allow programming using the BASIC cartridges. If you get a tape drive there are games for that as well. You can also get the optional SF-7000 module which adds a parallel port (for printers), more RAM and a 3" (NOT 3.5") floppy drive.

For more info on this system look here http://vgrebirth.org/articles/segabase/volume1.asp

Near the bottom it discusses the SG-1000 and the SC-3000.

Incidentally those games WILL play just fine on a Master System if you want to save the SC-3000 some wear and tear.

Cool

I was looking at a few screenies of games like exerion and noticed they look exactly the same on an msx.

So the carts fit into the sms? Excellent, I am assuming the cards will run as well.

Thanks for your help

Now this looks to me like MSX roms in disguise with the sega label, Am i anywhere near the truth here?

Sort of. MSX1, Colecovision, and the SG-1000/SC-3000 use the same CPU/graphics chips, but have different memory/IO maps and different firmware. They aren't compatible to any useful degree, but a software company looking for a quick buck wouldn't have had much trouble porting simpler games among them with the gameplay and graphics basically identical.

Back