Satourne and Saturnin

I'll post this here in the hope of getting a solution or some answers or both.

There are currently three emulators which run correctly on my system. In ascending order of preference they are:

Yabause 0.5.0

SSF 0.6

GiriGiriGAV (with Cassini 1.0 loader because it's easier to use than stock GiriGiriGAV)

Now, what, you might ask, of Satourne and Saturnin? Well, here's what happens to those two. (I'll see if I can find a capture program and record a video to show you what happens.)

Satourne I set up, configure plugins, insert the CD into the drive and click PLAY...and it gives me the stock Windows "this program has performed an illegal operation" box. (I can provide a screenshot of that if it helps.)

Saturnin, I set up, select my game, click START... there's a number in the bottom right corner of the screen which changes for a bit, then I get the "this program has" box.

My info:

AMD Athlon XP 2200+ clocked at 1.8GHz

512MB DDR-SDRAM

nVidia GeForceFX 5500

Windows XP Home SP2

Looks like an ASPI problem to me ...

Could you try to put the 'wnaspi32.dll' installed by Nero into your Saturnin folder ?

I was having th same problems with Saturnin but managed to work around it. Hmmm let me try to remember... Oh it was when I was loading a binary. try starting emulation first before loading a binary. If I load a binary first the program crashes.

Originally posted by Runik@Thu, 2005-10-27 @ 06:31 PM

Some people are having problems with Nvidia motherboard drivers .. you can check this thread for more info.

The quote system this forum uses is whack.

Anyway, I don't use nVidia motherboard drivers, so that's not my problem. In any case the symptoms described are different - mine gives a program error dialog; it doesn't hang.

And I'm not trying to load a binary, so that's not the problem either.

If you have a mobo using VIA chipsets, make sure you DON'T have any kind of IDE drivers installed. I don't remember seeing those on the installer disc, I got it from their website and it turned out to mess up everything even remotely related to CD reading.

Back