Powerstone better than Smash Bros?

I have never been a big fan of SSB. I always get bored REAL fast. Sure it's fun for multiplayer, but I think a more classic 2D fighting game is a lot funner. Aside from fighting, I rather play Mario Party or a nice FPS, haha. It's all opinion based, I was never anywhere near mastering SSB but could beat a lot of ppl's asses just cuz I knew the levels and the chars. I really think that's all there is to get down, and of course fighting game basics like blocking. The moves list is small and sucks, unless u get sum of the pickup items, they are fun.

P.S. Mario Party rox!

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Feb 11, 2004 @ 05:25 PM

I have never been a big fan of SSB. I always get bored REAL fast. Sure it's fun for multiplayer, but I think a more classic 2D fighting game is a lot funner. Aside from fighting, I rather play Mario Party or a nice FPS, haha. It's all opinion based, I was never anywhere near mastering SSB but could beat a lot of ppl's asses just cuz I knew the levels and the chars. I really think that's all there is to get down, and of course fighting game basics like blocking. The moves list is small and sucks, unless u get sum of the pickup items, they are fun.

P.S. Mario Party rox!

Did you ever play Smash Bros.: Melee? The move lists are somewhat extended, there's more variation, you can do 3D dodges in the air (but you can't recover from the fall if you do!) to avoid projectiles, more items, some items are a little less broken... and some of the new characters OWN (Marth!).

I have, but not that much, got bored of it relativly quickly. the 3D dodge sounds fun :).

How are the moves lists extended?

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Feb 11, 2004 @ 07:27 PM

I have, but not that much, got bored of it relativly quickly. the 3D dodge sounds fun :).

How are the moves lists extended?

Some moves from SSB are modified to have some new properties.

A small handful of overly cheap moves were dumbed down (Luigi's uppercut...)

Everyone now has horizontal B moves (Samus can now shoot missiles, Luigi can launch himself forward...) which can also be smashed for some characters.

Another degree was added to normal hits (standing, stick halfway, stick 100%), and Smash attacks don't fire immediately now - they have a charge time, and get stronger the longer you have to charge - BUT! they automatically release after a few seconds.

Throws were cut down a bit - they're a little bit TOO cheap for some chars in SSB.

Oh, and normal-defense-shields can now deflect projectiles - and even REFLECT them if you time them right.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Feb 12, 2004 @ 01:54 AM

Marth is too slow for me, Sheik is the best character!

I'll just Parry every move you attempt on me... Sheik may be fast, but her move set is pretty limited and nearly all of her moves come off at the same (admittedly fast) rate, making parry extremely easy against her. Plus Marth has a range advantage.

I don't have a lot of friends to play smash bros with, but I'd like to think I'm about equal with all the chars in the game, except for maybe ness... cause of that weird fall recovery he has, where you have to hit yourself with the shot.

I use to be crazy with ness on Number one. But on number two, i think he isn't quite as effective, though still good. Now I us Gannondorf all the time. My friend says he is a cheat character though cause his moves are so strong. Is that true?

Or is it cause i beat them 90% of the time and their sore losers.

Originally posted by Shitface@Feb 14, 2004 @ 08:01 AM

I use to be crazy with ness on Number one. But on number two, i think he isn't quite as effective, though still good. Now I us Gannondorf all the time. My friend says he is a cheat character though cause his moves are so strong. Is that true?

Or is it cause i beat them 90% of the time and their sore losers.

HAHAHA.

Hell no, Ganondorf isn't a "cheat character".... did it ever occur to your friend that Ganondorf is second only to Bowser in absurd slowness?

Back