Pantara Guitarist

Holy crap, that is bizarre. He called in frequently to a heavy metal station that i listen too. One of the guys worked at a radio station in LA. Truly tragic. For the genre, dimebag was real good.

I'm not a huge Pantera fan, but I can't deny that he was an awesome guitar player whom I at least respected. He had his own sound, his own style, when you heard Dimebag play you knew it was him. And that's not an easy thing to pull off by any means.

This whole thing certainly doesn't make ya feel safe. All it takes is one crazy mother fucker and a gun.

Originally posted by Mr. Moustache@Fri, 2004-12-10 @ 04:43 PM

This whole thing certainly doesn't make ya feel safe. All it takes is one crazy mother fucker and a gun.

[post=125647]Quoted post[/post]​

Any less safe than 24 years ago?

I know what ya mean.. I wasn't alive when it happened so I can't say I felt the effects first hand. I can't imagine how people felt though when Lennon was shot. I'm sure there are a lot of Dimebag's fans and family out there who feel just the same way about Dimebag's death.

And after Lennon got shot George Harrison basically turned into a recluse and spent most of his time tending to his garden because he was so frightened. Especially after he was attacked in his own house and stabbed.

These sort of situations make you feel very vulnerable. And it scares me to be honest, I'm not famous, but it certainly makes ya feel like it could happen to you too.

THis was complete crap. I was very pissed off when I found out about this on the news the following day. Kinda makes you think, you play for the fans, but if you get one obsessed fan that takes something the wrong way, your life could be in danger. Kinda messed up how this world is. It was a Sad Day for the Metal community.

R.I.P Dime.

Ja, one person gets shots 1,000,000km away from your homes and you feel less safe. Maybe its time for another gi joe preventive action :)

But its a sad thing, Pantera was one of the bands I liked to hear when I was introducing to metal.

Back