Nintendo DS News

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
This years E3 event the DS will be there with an astounding ~30 games! It is also confirmed that it will have touch screen capability out of the box!

Sounding better and better this new DS system from the big N. I can't wait for some reviews.

30nintendo130637.jpg

Thanks go to Spong for the news.

I really hope this ting rocks and blows the PSP away. But knowing the way the market works, Sony will dump loads of money into advertising and get their fanboys to buy it.

Although the touch-screen sounds interesting, I'm disappointed that Nintendo is going to even attempt to make 3D games for the DS (which is supposed to be made primarily for 2D games, judging from the DS-Nintendo interview a while back), especially since the PSP is a powerhouse compared to the DS (specs-wise), which (judging from the PSP game screenshots) is being made primarily for 3D games.

But, of course, you never know what 3D wonders the DS may pull off... perhaps another chip put into DS games, like the chip that was put into the later SNES games to calculate polygons at fast enough speeds.

And as for blowing the PSP away - have more faith in Nintendo schi0249! They have had the handheld gaming market in their palms for almost a decade now, so you would hope that Nintendo have spent some time sussing out what they need to do to keep their foothold in the handheld-side of the gaming industry (which IMO, is a key to their future survival).

If the PSP is successful (through their marketing of good-looking (but most probably boring) games), then I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo would be bothered (slash 'findItaWaste') to spend a shitload on advertising, when they probably would never 'win' back the market anyway.

Jeez, now I'm sounding as if I have no faith :lol: I think I'll stop now..

unfortunately, Sony is cutting out some features (like built-in wifi) to get it out at a target price of $150 - which is half the price of the DS, if I remember right

racketboy said:
unfortunately, Sony is cutting out some features (like built-in wifi) to get it out at a target price of $150 - which is half the price of the DS, if I remember right
Wha? :blink: You're saying the DS is releasing for $300 and the PSP $150? Its going to be the other way around. From what I've read DS should start out at $150 or less, while the PSP will end up being much higher(if sony keeps their stack of features involved). I'd guess it will retail for $250 at launch, though Sony will most likely try to keep costs down enough for $199. But its a long ways away still...
---Ammut

Back