NES GotM: Maniac Mansion

Never played it. I never had an NES as a child. We had a atari 2600 given to us untill we bought a genesis when the saturn came out.

Go get the rom, get an emu, and start playing. I have never played it either but I am hoping to this month.

There was a nes in my household. I didn't own it but I had access to it and ended up owning/buying a few games for it. Before the nes the closest thing we had to a gaming system was one of those Texas Instrument computers. I got a gameboy the first christmas it was out. I jointly owned a snes(the original) and later a genesis(model 2) probably late in its life. I went on to buy a n64(a few months after its release), a psx(not until FF7), and a sega saturn(not until panzer dragoon saga) for myself.

Maybe a game of the month should be chosen for any other nintendo system not already covered if members don't want to suffer through a month before they can converse about a title they are interested in now or a more interesting title. That's why the topic was worded "NES GotM".

Should we stay away from picking GotM's that are not somehow linked to Nintendo?

You guys should play this game its actually a pretty cool game. I downloaded the ROM for it because I saw the game at a pawn shop and I decided I would try the game out before I buy it. Well, I tried it out and next time I go back to that pawn shop I'm going to pick it up.

I only played it on the PC. The the NES version allow you to microwave the hampster? I always thought was terrible, in a kinda funny way.

slacker52 said:
i played it, but didnt get very far cuz its like a platformer/stragety, but a friend of mine beet it so i guess it cant be that bad
Maniac Mansion is a platformer :blink: . They must have done something pretty weird with the NES port if that's the case ;) .

I used to have this on my Atari when I was younger, I liked it but it used to do my head in with how easy it was to die. I'm not sure if I ever saw the ending..

Back