Need an opinion or two.

Going by the website it seems that you can...

The iMate is also the ultimate cross platform compatibility device. With Windows support you can now use your existing Mac keyboards, mice, trackballs, and trackpads to control both a Mac and a PC. And since USB is fully hot swappable a simple switchbox is all you need to control multiple computers.

I'd bet the iMate would allow the Wacom to function as a mouse-type device under Windows, but to get all the pressure and tilt stuff, you need drivers.

Originally posted by it290@Sun, 2005-04-10 @ 02:20 AM

I'd bet the iMate would allow the Wacom to function as a mouse-type device under Windows, but to get all the pressure and tilt stuff, you need drivers.

[post=132724]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool! See, I even called some place a while back that made some kind of USB converter for Macs, and asked them if I would be able to use a "Mac Only" tablet on my PC, and he said he doubted there was a converter like that in existance.

Mal,

I think that's the website I looked up too, LOL. Awesome! I cant wait to get this thing, and I'm sure I can find some Windows Drivers for it somewhere. I don't see why not.

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by Xavier@Sat, 2005-04-09 @ 07:29 AM

Why dont you show us what talents you have, even if you do have any :

STFU NEWBIE

[post=132690]Quoted post[/post]​

heh. thanks for the defense. :cheers

I don't think you'll be able to find drivers. I mean, yeah, you can get drives for the iMate probably, but that'll just allow you to hook the device up. For the pressure/tilt stuff, you'll need Wacom's tablet drivers, and I'm fairly positive that they wouldn't make a driver that would support a setup like that.

Originally posted by it290@Sun, 2005-04-10 @ 04:06 AM

I don't think you'll be able to find drivers. I mean, yeah, you can get drives for the iMate probably, but that'll just allow you to hook the device up. For the pressure/tilt stuff, you'll need Wacom's tablet drivers, and I'm fairly positive that they wouldn't make a driver that would support a setup like that.

[post=132732]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, there are Wacoms for Windows, so wouldn't the windows drivers work just as well?

Right, but the Wacom drivers for Windows are designed to use a Wacom either hooked up via the serial port, or one that connects via USB directly. The driver won't have any way to detect the existence of your pad unless there is a specific case in the driver for 'ADB pad hooked up via USB adapter', which I highly doubt.

Well, as for the humor, I find it lacking as well, but if you look back at the old Penny Arcade comics, they weren't good either. In fact, it seems to me that they didn't hit their stride until a few years ago. Get out the archives and you'll see what I mean. Punjab, I think you need to get into the "creative groove" of comedy writing, so I'd first blast out several strips to flesh out your main characters, see what works and what doesn't, and then refine. You'll get there.

I have both an iMate and an ADB Wacom tablet. The combo doesn't function at all under Windows, not even as a basic mouse. It only works with the Wacom on a Mac.

It will work under Windows with an ADB keyboard and mouse (well the site says so anyway, but I've never tried).

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Mon, 2005-04-11 @ 10:59 PM

I have both an iMate and an ADB Wacom tablet. The combo doesn't function at all under Windows, not even as a basic mouse. It only works with the Wacom on a Mac.

It will work under Windows with an ADB keyboard and mouse (well the site says so anyway, but I've never tried).

[post=132780]Quoted post[/post]​

damn. Oh well. thanks for the heads up on that before I spend $40.

Back