Going to see Stratovarius

I happened to see a new Minneapolis, MN date on the Stratovarius website a few weeks ago. I was quite surprised, I didn't think real metal bands would travel any closer to the Midwest than Chicago.

I checked the Fine Line club website, and that very evening there was even an Edguy/Hammerfall show. I didn't end up going. But I was still doubly amazed to see anything like this in the Twin Cities. Stratovarius was actually moved to the Quest club for unknown reasons.

Anyone been to these places before? What are they like. I've only been to two concerts before in my life, and neither were of this "standing room only" variety. G3 with Malmsteen, Vai, and Satch was at a theater, and Def Leppard was at a stadium.

I would have loved to have seen Iron Maiden when they came, but unfortunately they were part of Ozzfest.

Normally I'm pretty scared of crowds and public places.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Thrash@Tue, 2005-09-13 @ 02:50 AM

I would have loved to have seen Iron Maiden when they came, but unfortunately they were part of Ozzfest.

[post=139528]Quoted post[/post]​

I saw Iron Maiden back in '92 (93?) at Festival Hall in Melbourne. They were awesome. :)

Back