gagmegear audio problems

i have a gamegear from 6-1993 and the video works great but has no audio at all i was wondering if this happens alot and theres a guide somewhere for repair?

Bad connection to the speakers or maybe the volume pot would be my guess. I take it you get no audio with the headphones either?

Awesome typo BTW.

Originally posted by it290@Thu, 2005-11-03 @ 01:54 AM

Bad connection to the speakers or maybe the volume pot would be my guess. I take it you get no audio with the headphones either?

Awesome typo BTW.

[post=141303]Quoted post[/post]​

WOW how did i miss that typo! haha anyways yes i tried with headphones too and still no luck :( i took it apart and looked and the connection seems tight

This is a very common fault. It is caused when someone turns the Game Gear with the sound adjustment turned right up. To fix it you usually have to replaced a capacitor on the sound board. That's the small board on the back side of the unit on the left side if you have opened it up with its screen faced down. It is easy to figure out which one it is because it has the phones jack on it. Which capacitor to repace depends on which model of Game Gear you have.

Back