Favorite Non-KoF SNK Fighter?

Cloud121

Established Member
I vote Art of Fighting.

My neighbor used to rent the SFC version a lot, and we'd play it TOO DEATH!

Robert has always been my favorite fighting game character (other than Sarah of course :cool: )

Where is Garou Mark of the Wolves????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark of the wolves is Furkin Fantastic, beautiful graphics, refined SNK gameplay destilled and aged 9 years; only the best!

Last Blade is Samruai Shodown is it not? So it's up there!

As is Mark of the Wolves, as it's a Fatal Fury game...

I voted for FF because of MOTW.

And Last Blade was kinda considered to be how the SS sequals should have been

Nah, The Last Blade has a completely different style of gameplay than Samurai Shodown, not to mention a completely different setting. They're both great; if they had made a SS game with the LB engine, all the hardcore Shodown fans would have been completely pissed off. LB is much more combo-oriented.

Actually, though, you could almost consider SS 1-2 (& maybe 5) and 3-4 to be different series as well. After playing SS2 for a while it is very difficult to play 4, and vice versa.

I'll vote for the FF series as well, though; also, I agree MOTW is great, but everybody should play the Real Bout games (particularly Special and RB2), since they are incredible as well. And, of course, Fatal Fury Special is an all-time classic. I have a lot of love for SF2CE, but FFS just blows it out of the water on so many levels.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 23, 2004 @ 02:50 AM

Haha, just try that crap on me and I'll make you wish you hadn't. ;)

If we play Zankuro Musouken, I only need to be behind you, and it is already over ^,~

Heh... what characters do you normally use? SS4 I normally use Genjuro, Charlotte, sometimes Basara and occasionally Tam Tam or Jubei. SS2 I pretty much stick to Genjuro and Hanzo (although I'd like to get good w/Sieger).

Originally posted by it290@Jul 23, 2004 @ 11:02 AM

Heh... what characters do you normally use? SS4 I normally use Genjuro, Charlotte, sometimes Basara and occasionally Tam Tam or Jubei. SS2 I pretty much stick to Genjuro and Hanzo (although I'd like to get good w/Sieger).

In Samurai Spirits 4, I use Sogetsu, Basara, Charlotte and Amakusa mostly. I rarely play 3 because it is simply broken, and in 2 I just play with any character.

The problem with the CD combos is that the starters are all pretty slow and need close range, and the damage done is no more than you would get out of a hard slash or two. I find the regular combos in SS4 are a lot better than that CD stuff. The only thing that makes them useful at all is the rage meter fillup, IMHO.

Back