Fatal Error when installing Windows XP Pro

Kuta

Staff member
I am installing XP Professional on an Optima desktop PC with a Celeron D processor. I am getting as far as the 'Installing XP' stage and it soon comes up with a fatal error message which says 'Manifest Parse Error: Invalid at the top level of the document'. This error is preventing me from going any further with the install. I am installing it of a copied CD as I do not have access to the original. Can anyone help me out with this?

Yeah, trying another CD was the obvious solution. However this happens to be the only copy of XP Pro I have. That page you linked to actually showed which file is causing the error and it also mentioned that the problem is common with both XP Pro and XP Home. So what I think I might do is try and repair the CD by getting myself a copy of XP home, which are easy to get, and making a new copy of the XP Pro disc by replacing the bad file with the good one on the XP home disc. It better work :angry:

It worked! :lol: It turned out that there were two files that needed to be replaced so it was just a matter of copying them from a XP Home disc and reburning the CD. So now I am happy :) Thanks for your help guys.

Back