Do you have a problem with homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dud

Established Member
Inspired by the governor of New Jersey, here's the poll everyone's been waiting for!

EDIT: Also don't let this subject get out of hand. Think about people's feelings before you say something mean. If you can, say, "not that there's anything wrong with that" whenever you say anything about homosexuals. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Homosexuality is just another life choice. It's not a new thing, its been going on for centuries. Some people are attracted to the opposite sex, some are not. I find it sad, in a country where "freedom" is spouted frequently, how many people will ignore it in some issues.

no...but i have problem with EXPOSED homosexuality...

I don't like men who kiss us MORE than needed

when i say more, it's more than 2 heterosexual people

WHY do they have to expose it like that ? Do i have to run nude on the road with my wife to show everyone I love her ? Do I have to f**k on public to prove I exist ?

Too many people are homosexual because it's a way to be a rebel.

I prefer "normal" homosexual than GayPride or LoveParty's fan.

Originally posted by Kaneda@Aug 13, 2004 @ 11:48 AM

no...but i have problem with EXPOSED homosexuality...

I don't like men who kiss us MORE than needed

when i say more, it's more than 2 heterosexual people

WHY do they have to expose it like that ? Do i have to run nude on the road with my wife to show everyone I love her ? Do I have to f**k on public to prove I exist ?

Too many people are homosexual because it's a way to be a rebel.

I prefer "normal" homosexual than GayPride or LoveParty's fan.

That's closer to what I was asking. I'm sick of the parades (not that there's anything wrong with that), I should start a StraightPride Parade out of spite.

I totally agree

People do what they want with their life, i don't care.

But they sould not act the way they do, it can be shocking for young childrens for example.

A long, long time ago, I was rather homophobic. I got over it. I realized that the only reason I had a "problem" with it was because many of those around me did. Once I got past that, I realized that it really didn't matter to me what someone else chose to do that way. Now, years later, I have friends who are gay, I've worked with gay people, and I've even been hit on by other men in clubs and bars. It doesn't bother me. I've noticed two men or two women out in public holding hands, maybe even kissing, so what? The only time I have any problem with it is when the two people are praticaly making out in public, but then I'd have a problem with a straight couple doing that as well.

One thing that is pissing me off lately is how the Republicans want to outright ban gay marriage. See, now, even if you don't believe gay marriage is right, you should be able to come to the conclusion that banning it would be bad. If we allow the government to dictate who can marry, what's the next step. Will they next want to ban interratial marriages? Many of the same people supporting the move for a same-sex marriage ban would probably support that movement as well. Now if a church won't perform a same-sex marriage, that's one thing. Go find a different church that will. But the government has no business getting involved on this topic. The ONLY reason they're even fueling this in the first place now is because INSURANCE COMPANIES are afraid they'll have to begin extending benifits to same-sex partners in the near future. Since most (no, not all, but a good number) of the Republican members of congress get rather large contributions from the insurance companies, they're pushing for something to be done to prevent that from happening.

I'd have to agree with VertigoXX about gay marriage. Last time I checked the US was supposed to be a secular nation. If these gay couples find a church that will marry them, the government should just give them their marriage liscense. Besides, if you ignore the same-sex marriages for a minute, one might notice that marriage does a fine job of making a mockery of itself already, by having half the people that get married eventually get divorced.

The ONLY reason they're even fueling this in the first place now is because INSURANCE COMPANIES are afraid they'll have to begin extending benifits to same-sex partners in the near future.

It's a convenient wedge issue that can be spun as "family values" (denying marriage is promoting family values - obviously) to put Democrats on the defensive and portray them as Out Of Touch With Mainstream America*. It's a sad thing to watch.

*: Out Of Touch With Mainstream America is a trademark of the Republican National Committee. This comment is not approved, sponsored, or endorsed by the Republican National Committee or its affiliates.

For some reason, everyone at my school likes me, even though I hate all of them. Do I need to wear a shirt that says "I don't like you, go away"? It's frusturating. I always though of myself as kind of an ass too. Oh well, what are you going to do.

With me it's the opposite. Everyone hates me at my school, but I like them all.. or do I?

Everyone jokes around that I'm gonna bring a gun and kill 'em all..

When I was at my maddest that thought would cross my mind sometimes... :devil

YEY!!!! now i can come out of the closet, yippidy do da, yippidy day... my oh my what a wonderful day...

yeah this really cute guy was like hitting on me last night at denny's, my friend becks who waits there also wouldn't give me his number, that bitch... we had a cool talk about whips, but i didn't get the chance to get his number GRRRRRRRR.

Some would call me homophobic, but you see, I'm not afraid of gays. If I were, I'd freak out and run away from gay people screaming "Stay away!! AHHHHHHH!". Like that.

no instead you sit there and beat us up... i think you might be gay... your trying to hold onto me... hey baby, ill kiss ya the next time you try to kick me in the balls, it dont work neither, im a masocist... i like it that way.

You're jumping to an awful lot of conclusions there little boy, and most of them are downright perverted!

Blast, a new poll option when I've already voted? Happens every time... :p

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Aug 16, 2004 @ 12:16 AM

You're jumping to an awful lot of conclusions there little boy, and most of them are downright perverted!

Blast, a new poll option when I've already voted? Happens every time... :p

I didn't add that. :blink:

Some would call me homophobic, but you see, I'm not afraid of gays.

Homophobia can also refer to fear of oneself being or becoming gay, and popular use has established it as referring to hatred of gays as well, as technically incorrect as that may be. This is similar to how the term "anti-Semitic" is rarely used to describe anti-Arab attitudes even though Arabs are generally considered to be Semitic.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Aug 16, 2004 @ 12:55 AM

Homophobia can also refer to fear of oneself being or becoming gay, and popular use has established it as referring to hatred of gays as well, as technically incorrect as that may be. This is similar to how the term "anti-Semitic" is rarely used to describe anti-Arab attitudes even though Arabs are generally considered to be Semitic.

I never knew that. That's not even a definition for homophobia anymore (according to dictionary.com anyway), but I can believe it was the original meaning of the word.

Another word that has been given a new meaning is the arabic word "jihad". It actually means: striving to perfect one's self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back