Custom Dreamcast

I was searching the net for custom consoles when I stumbled on to this picture. I had been wanting do a paint job just like this on my Dreamcast. I really like how the buttons and the control ports are glossy. Well what I want to know is if anyone here knows how to get that kind of finish. If so what tools would I need and how much would something like this cost.

Attachments

• edc.jpg
    edc.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 139
  • edc.jpg
    edc.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 130
  • edc.jpg
    edc.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 140
wasn't the only black one the SEGA Sports model? You guys are tempting me to paint my DC....damn you bastards! haha.

I never heard of the Super Black Model. The only other black Dreamcast besideds the Sports one was the R7 system. Do you have any more info on the Super Black Model?

Attachments

• dcR7.jpg
    dcR7.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 116
  • dcR7.jpg
    dcR7.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 123
  • dcR7.jpg
    dcR7.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 120
Sure there's a "super black" edition Dreamcast. It's one of the D-Direct Color Edition Dreamcast series and limited to 200 pc.

I got it also in my collection, it's the middle one in the top row.

post-29-1078678582.jpg

Wow thats quite the bunch of dreamcasts. I'd seen them all except the Chuchu rocket one, I wonder how much that would go for on ebay....

---Ammut

The "ChuChu Rocket DC" is in fact ultra-rare, limited to 5 pc.

But as it is a Sega of Germany release it's value is rather low compared to it's numbers.

Here's another shot of the ChuChu Rocket Dreamcast:

post-29-1060017634.jpg

But the real masterpiece of my DC collection is the "Sega Partners Edition" Dreamcast. I bet that you never saw one of these.

These are the first ever produced DC consoles (mine is Nr. 1515) and were given away by Sega of Japan to dedicated people. Every sign on the console is unique as it is dedicated to a different person. I wonder for how much i could sell this on Ebay, i think it would sell for more than 2000.-$.

post-29-1079623681.jpg

post-29-1079623972.jpg

wow ground zero, do you only collect dreamcasts or do you have anything else super sweet like that!

makes my collection look like :puke:

I try to collect every limited edition Dreamcast, but i also collect most other consoles. I have some uncommon (white Saturn, clear green XBox, Platinum GameCube, Panasonic Q) and really rare consoles:

Here are some pics of my collection:

My gaming center:

post-51-1079626294.jpg

jap. Torchic orange GBA SP (lim. 2000 pc.)

post-29-1064681657.jpg

jap. pure white edition XBox (Nr. 180/1000)

post-29-1080559227.jpg

pearl white Playstation 2 automobile Color Edition (lim. 600 pc)

post-29-1080559605.jpg

special MTV contest Edition Airbrush GameCube

post-29-1081954807.jpg

ground zero, where did you get that entertainment center? (the shelves) I need a setup like that for 11+ consoles. Awesome collection by the way. :thumbs-up:

There was no particular reason to put Oni on the picture. It just came with the console (Ebay auction), but normally was not included in the limited edition bundle.

The shelves are form "Ikea" - "Ivar" series (so it's called in germany). It's really useful for consoles and not very expensive.

Thanks for the info ground zero and link343. I am pretty lucky I've got an IKEA a half hour drive away. :banana

Back