Best media to back up Sega Cd games?

I am trying to figure out what is the best media to make backups of my old Sega CD games.

When I look it up on forums, I read stuff like "use 4x 650MB media" but when I look it up the only 4x 650MB media is CD-RW.

Does anyone know what is the best brand for this sort of backups?

Is it more important to use 650MB media or is it more important to use 4x, or to use high-reflectivity that isn't either 4X or 650MB? Does it make a difference if its CD-R or CD+R? Any specific brands?

I just want to use the best for my old games.

Thanks for any suggestions

What is meant by 4x 650MB is that you should burn at 4x speed or lower. Anything higher than 4x tends of have errors, but some people in these forums have burned at 24x and higher without issues. Your mileage may vary.

The CD-R question is interesting, since the label on the CD-R doesn't necessarily mean that they produced them. I'd generally stay away from Ritek, Imation or BASF. I've used Sony, Philips, Verbatim and TDK with great success, with some backups still working from ten years ago.

Finally, there's no such thing as CD+R; you may be referring to DVD+R/DVD-R, but there's no such affliction when dealing with CD-Rs.

Back