A Dreamcast....for 15 bucks???!!

:) I was at my local Gamers (I guess it's an Omaha thing) and I found out they were selling dreamcasts for 15 dollars a piece (without wires or controllers, a full package was 20). I bought two of them, one of them being a black sports edition one. I asked why they were so low and they told me that so many people were trading in their Dreamcasts....

Look, the DC is still a very powerful system, especially for its age, and ever since someone found a way to hack it via software, it's been a boon for imports, homebrew stuff, etc. And it has an awesome collection of arcade ports, especially SNK stuff. I now have a chance of playing KOF games on my TV instead of on an emulator thanks to the DC.

Is this price drop phenomenon happening anywhere else? I think it's worth buying them up, giving them a good home. Hell, where I am, buying a used NES is more expensive because everyone is into collecting them (I think). I heard there was an article in the Wall Street Journal on how the hot thing to do these days is to buy/trade/sell old videogames. Did anyone see that article? I would interested in what games they mentioned...

The only problem I've found is that the black dreamcast makes a semi-grinding noise when playing games and the load times are much longer. Is there something wrong with cd drive? If so, what could I do to fix it? Thanks!

EB sells em for $15 online and Gamestop sells them for $40 ONLINE. In gamestop stores you can find them from $15-$20... Games on the other hand are harder to come by in my neck of the woods...

I also bought 2 extra dreamcasts when the price hit $15. :lol:

what a sweet deal, I got lucky and picked up 7, also if anyone is looking for dc's my local eb and gamestop still stock them if you need one or are looking for one, feel free to ask, I would be glad to pick em up and ship em. :cheers

I bought my last dreamcast for $17, which included 1 game (crazy taxi), 3 official controllers, 1 official memory card, box, and hookups. Check out local flea markets and yard sales sometimes for a good deal.

Back