XBOX 360 to Emulate Sega Saturn

With the next gen consoles going over the 3ghz CPU speed, what is the likelyhood of us seeing not only a working Sega Saturn emulator, but one that works at full speed, on the XBOX 360, or even on the PS3?

Speed is not much of an issue anymore on modern hardware. There are some emus that work on fullspeed on high-end PCs by now. With very nice compatibility, good sound support, no gfx glitches, etc.

Should someone ever port those (IF it will be possible & easily doable to do homebrew stuff on these new consoles), there's no reason why it shouldn't happen.

Yeah, but from what I understand neither machine is going to have a hard drive. , which might make this kind of endeavor difficult.

afaik both will have one... the X360 will have one in the "deluxe" buy and the ps3 will have one released later on, or something like that. I'm not up to date on the nextgen news tho.

I don't know about the PS3, but the 360 will have a "detachable and upgradeable 20GB" hard drive. At one point MS was talking about an optional hd. However, with the revamped XBox Live they are pushing, I think they abandoned that idea.

Yeah, from what I read (from Microsoft words), the XBOX 360 will have a detachable laptop-sized 20gb hard drive. They will also have an upgrade later on to 40gb, for people needing that extra space for movies and pictures and all.. that's pretty much a joke though. 20GB is fine for saved games, downloadable content, and probably even the xbox 1 patches, along with a few pics and video clips, but even the 40gb won't be large enough for a lot of video files, mp3s, wavs, etc.

Go to walmart.com, click on video games, and then on the left, click on xbox 360, and you'll see pics and information about the xbox 360.

Oh. For some reason I thought they were going with solid state media in an effort to slow piracy.

Back