wolfenstein demo for sega genesis

Hi I'm here again with a new update of the rom. :)
Now all the movements of the guards are complete, shooting, walking, chasing, and can also kill the player, now it's a game!.
I have also fixed some errors, for example in the animation of the weapon/hands, by mistake, skipped the frame1 (passed from frame 0 to 2), is now corrected.
I also optimized a little sprite drawing routine, now is 38 cycles per column faster.
Here is the new version::)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j9a44zemqcrbtbz/wolf3ddemo_b6.rar

I've been working on other enemies (by drawing), but meanwhile I will show a new version. I've added the option "Control" to select the type of control and configure, plus I made some changes here, first, to enter the menu, will now only the Start Button, and to configure the controls, these are the options:

For Controller 3 buttons can only be assigned A, B, or C, to Run, Fire, or Open, Open will always be with Strafe, and Weapon will be Run + Start, ie, if Run is assigned to button A, then it will be A + Start, if assigned to the B button, then it will be B + Start, etc..
For the 6 button controller, you can assign A, B, C, X, Y, Z and M (mode) for any of the 5 actions: Run, Fire, Open, Strafe and Weapon.
When you start the game will be in mode 3 buttons, I do not know if it would be better to automatically chose the 6-Button mode if present.

Also added routines for "pallete shift", which is used when the player takes damage (shift to red) and when you grab an item (shift to white / yellow), I've also added the routine so that when the player dies, it turns to look at the attacker, I also corrected some errors.
Here is the version 6.3::)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zgtyx495y2acxg/wolf3ddemo_b6.3.rar

Hello, I'm here again with a new update of the rom.
I have added dogs and SS , I've also added the end of level screen(intermission), I've also added the code to get 1 life for each 40,000 points (this should have done long ago, but I had forgotten), plus I have corrected several errors which are:
The collision with the enemy is now fixed (finally), now you will not get stuck with the enemy
Fixed error strafe diagonally, now it is possible.
Now it is easier to grab the items (now it is as in the original).
Also there was a bug where when you chose the buttons X, Y, Z or M to the OPEN action did not work, only worked A, B or C, is now corrected.
Also had a small error in the AI of the enemies, though it was hard to notice, I noticed this because I was testing the Pc version and saw a small difference in how it behaved one of the enemies is now corrected.

And now the 6-button mode is automatically selected if present.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lka7jgaxzgcm1s1/wolf3d_b7.rar

vbt said:
it's near complete, well done gasega68k !!! what do you plan to add next time ?
Thanks, well, the next thing I'll add is the final boss of the episode (hans grosse), the sequence of the end of the episode, the final episode screens, will also add an option to add a graphic filters to enhance image a bit, and some other things.:D

New version available.:)
This version already has the final boss of the episode, and the ending sequence and the music, so it 's finally complete the first episode.
Now to enter the level selection screen will be with a sequence of buttons on a specific screen , now to see all the levels , you have to pass them one by one.:laughing:
Also did some optimizations (though it's nothing compared to what will be seen in the next version ) .
Also fix a bug, where some objects disappear , this only happened in the levels where there are more than 300 objects (eg Level 2 ) for a mistake I made in a variable, this happened when you got near the end and then you were coming back near the beginning of the level.
In the next version will implement all optimizations that had already thought of before, and also a new method to transfer the buffer to VRAM using h-int, to make better use of the cpu .
http://www.mediafire.com/download/39dittmjtvz6nc3/wolf3d_b8.rar

Hello.
Although still left to do some more optimizations (especially in the routine for drawing sprites), I wanted to show a new version of Wolf3D before continuing optimizing, because I've made so many changes that I wanted to be sure that all goes well.
In this version, as I had said before, I changed the method to transfer the buffer to VRAM using h-int, also now all tiles of all weapons and faces of Bj are loaded in VRAM, I did so to be easier and faster to change the frames of weapons or faces, and this is done during the h-int, after transfer buffer, also did a lot more optimizations in the engine, now you will notice the difference in the engine since the average of the framerate is higher, and is also more stable. :)
I've also fixed some bugs, such as when the game returned directly to the title screen when shooting at a guard (this was very rare to happen), and also corrected the error in level 5, when shooting at the SS that was in the end of the level (playing on the hardest difficulty) and some dogs were heard.
I've also added the option of "graphics" to activate the filters.
This is the test version "b9t" because there are still some other optimizations not done yet, and also I'll be waiting bug report (I hope not). :)
Here is:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o24pgmo59xfdi56/wolf3d_b9t_.rar

Hello, there was a slight delay in the control in the latest version (b9t), I've changed again the rom, now the control responds as previously, and I've also changed the link, so those who have already downloaded the latest version Please download again.:)

Hi everyone, here is another update of Wolf3D. :)
In this version I've added the option to save the game and has 10 slots, I've also added graphics on the menus (instead of characters for options, sound, graphics ... etc), I've also added the "High Scores" screen, Getpsyched screen (you can pass it by pressing a button), and the initial blue screen PG13 (or PC13?).

Now the Chaingun (or Gatling gun) shoots faster.

I have also corrected a small mistake I had made, and apparently no one had noticed, is that the score bonus you get when you finish a level, (bonus for time, or when you get 100% of something and you get 10000 bonus) is lost when you lost a life, ie example if you finished a level, with a score of 20000 and get a bonus of 10000, get a total score of 30000, but then when you lost a life, the score remained with 20000 instead of 30000, is now corrected.

Also I made an optimization (especially in routine for Sprites), you'll notice the difference when you pass near ceiling lights or dead enemies, especially when several of them accumulate in one place.

Here is the version b10 to download::)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5885l2r5vwy4ux8/wolf3d_b10.rar

Here is another update of Wolf3D:). These are the changes:

I have added the demo playback (2 demos: levels 1 and 4), and I've also added the credits screen.
I have added the sound when BJ dies (although I could change it to a voice sound, because I do not like this sound).
I've added a (fast) loading bar to "Get psyched" screen.
I have added the "sound test" within the sound menu.
I changed the menu "control", now the menu "costumize" is separate and also I have changed the mode to configure the buttons (to maintain the "A, C = change B = back" in the menus), you press "A, C "and a message is displayed, indicating that is waiting for a button, then when the desired button is pressed, the message disappears.

In 6-buttons mode I've added the option to choose between the normal "strafe" or "L, R" (using X and Z for "strafe_L" and "strafe_R"). When the "L, R" mode is activated, the "normal" strafe is disabled and also the X and Z buttons remain fixed for strafe_L and strafe_R.

The "debug" option now also includes "misc. Options" now called "Debug/misc". In "misc. Options" you can disable the "Get psyched" screen, and you can choose how to save the game between "normal" and "auto". Now all variables in the "debug" are shown in decimal, exept those of "player_x" and "player_y". Although the option "debug" will eventually remove (or hide it), because it is not necessary for the game.

Now the message to save the game is displayed on the same screen at the end of level after level results show.

The "auto-save" mode works like this: you must first select it in the menu "misc". If you start a new game, at the end of the level you will be asked for a "slot" to save the game, then at the end of the following levels will be saved in that "slot" without asking. Now if a game is loaded (and the "auto" mode is selected), at the end of the levels will be saved in the "slot" without asking, in other words the "auto-save" will use the last "slot" selected.

I have fixed two bugs related to the display of "high scores" one of them was that a different level is displayed when it should show the level 10, the other was a color error of texts and some graphics bugs in the "high score" when you finished the episode and going to the "high score".

Here's the new version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4794airyi9g2em9/wolf3d_b10.5.rar

Clap clap! :D

I can't remember if I asked you, Did you do an implementation of whole game? ASM, C or C++?
It runs more smoothly than de Saturn Version.

FacundoARG said:
Clap clap! :D

I can't remember if I asked you, Did you do an implementation of whole game? ASM, C or C++?
It is programmed entirely in asm, and still need to program code of the other enemies (of the other episodes), although most share the same code that are already in the game: walk, shoot, chase, etc.

FacundoARG said:
saturn version is a simple port using sgl with a basic sdl wrapper and nothing optimised, it was "quickly" done for the saturn dev contest. the result wasn't so bad.

vbt said:
FacundoARG said:
saturn version is a simple port using sgl with a basic sdl wrapper and nothing optimised, it was "quickly" done for the saturn dev contest. the result wasn't so bad.

Yes vbt I know it, and the Saturn version it's amazing too. I have played your version on my console, and I found one bug at the first final boss. The boss start to disappear when walks, and I can't see where is located. It's imposible to beat the boss.

:ciao:

i'm a too bad player at wolf3d (or more generally fps), i never went that far to notice this bug.
good to know, one day i'll fix it =)

Another small update. :)
Now you can assign "Strafe L" and "Strafe R" to any button, like all other actions.
The option to select slot for the "autosave" now appear just before starting the game (after selecting difficulty) and having selected this option on the "debug/misc." Menu, but if you start a new game without being selected "auto" mode and then during the game, you enter the menu and choose save mode "auto", then the option to select slot will appear at the end of the level (as is now).

I have added save mode "off" to play without saving.
I've also changed some small things in the menus, in the "Sound test" and "control".

I have fixed some small bugs (not during the game), one was when you die in the game and then going to the menu to start a new game, the "getpsyched" screen did not appear.

I changed a bit the code for controllers, to fix a bug in a specific pad (ASCII pad and probably others that are similar), which Barone, from the Sega-16 forums, had mentioned.

Perhaps many think that I have not made much progress on this, but I've actually been working in parallel with the version with 6 episodes, I have all the walls and sprites, I've been making music, and in fact, I have a working version with 6 episodes, but still lack the enemies of the other episodes: mutant, officer, Schabbs, Gretel, Gift, Fat, Ghosts, and H... ;)

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qrkz6znnhbnx78v/wolf3d_b10.6.rar

Another small update of Wolf3D. Now to include mouse support. :)
After several tests with different configurations, I decided to leave the following settings for the mouse:
L Button = fire.
R Button = open / run
M Button = weapon
S Button = menu.

Along with the mouse (on port 2) the pad is used (on port 1) with the following settings:
Up = forward.
Down = backward.
Left = strafe_L.
Right = strafe_R.
Start = menu
A = Weapon.

With this configuration and if you have the MegaMouse (US version), with one hand on the pad and the other hand on the mouse, you can have access to all actions including changing weapon, and the menu. :)

This will be the last version with only the first episode. For the next version I will add at least the second episode, (along with any correction of a bug, that maybe someone could report ... I hope not).

Download version b10.7 (with mouse support):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a488wl8y7q9pryv/wolf3d_b107_.rar

nearly perfect now segaga68k, just small question, could it support wolf4d mods ? for instance using a patcher.

vbt said:
nearly perfect now segaga68k, just small question, could it support wolf4d mods ? for instance using a patcher.
Doing a quick search on google, wolf4d has to do with a mod of "Left 4 dead 2", so no, or you mean something else?

I fixed an error related to the mouse. When the game was saved (playing with the mouse) and then when the game is loaded, the buttons were changed, because I forgot that I also had to save the settings buttons on the mouse, and if enabled (although right now , the buttons can not be changed, but later I will do that can be configured as well).

So I decided to replace the link of the version b10.7. For those who had already downloaded the b10.7 version, please download this version again.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a488wl8y7q9pryv/wolf3d_b107_.rar

Back