Will a SegaCD work with a Nomad?

And he's going to murder a nomad and segacd just to find out. Can anyone give me the specifics on why it won't work before he trys it out for himself?

I do believe there is a chip that is in the model 1 and 2 gennies that let u play w/ the SCD. The Model 3 doesn't have it therefor u can't play it on there. Also how is he gunna connect the SCD to the Nomad? there is no connector thing inside the Nomad at all.

Ape i never said i was actually gonna do it. I was just saying that i think its theoretically possible considering that almost all the pins on the exp port map to pins on the cart port. The rest of the pins go to the 315-xxxx chips which are on the nomad. Considering that that chip is like 200 pins it be almost impossible for me, or most other humans for that matter, to do the soldering necesary to pull it off. I love my nomad too much to risk fucking it up, but it is fun to think about what can be done to it, for the same reason talking about quantum physics is fun.

Originally posted by KiDdErZ@Aug 10, 2003 @ 07:19 PM

:hehehe: Tell the moron taht the PCB is totaly different, voltages, the lot. To eat less power.

It aint gonna happen.

Eat less power? ROFL, I ph33r to think how little battery life the full-fledged Genesis would get then...

i dont think anyone could possibly hope to justify doing that.

i mean sure, it could be done with some intense work but for what?

all your achieving is getting the CD on an itty bitty screen really. becuase having the CD connected to the Nomad is undoubtedly going to defeat the purpose of having a Nomad in the first place.

if i were to imagine doing something with the Nomad it would be to have a 32x built in to it

Back