Wierd PC Behavior

I also purchased this fan for the new drive since overheating could have possibly played a part in the drives demise. HDD Fan

I did a test with both HDDs plugged in. I had the new one with the fan and the old one without a fan. After about an hour the drive without the fan just being idle was warm to the touch, while the new drive with the fan was still at room temperature. So im also pleased with the fan. Its very quiet also, or maybe I just cant hear it over the other fans in my case. :lol:

fans are great as long as they aren't loud.

I have a nice Panaflo blowing right over both of my drives. They are about 10 degrees Celcius lower than they used to be

My favorite case design employs a 120mm intake right over the HDs, and has the HDs mounted sideways. Still horizontal, just rotated 90 degrees clockwise, to leave ample room for the fan without interfering with the mainboard or graphics card, etc.

That sounds like the Antec Sonata, which is what I've got. :)

The front fan is optional, and I own one, but I haven't fitted it yet...

I didn't name a specific case because there are more like that. Their aluminum super lanboy also has that setup, but it comes with two 120mm fans (intake + exhaust). It's probably the best setup I've seen, and its pretty quiet too.

Back