What was the best Golden Axe?

Cloud121

Established Member
Golden Axe being my absolute favorite series outside of Phantasy Star and Virtua Fighter makes this very tough for me.

But I gotta go with Golden Axe II for MD/Genny, due to it's kick ass soundtrack!

:thumbs-up:

Why even include The Duel? Its a mediocre fighting game with the Golden Axe name slapped on it. I agree with LoD here, its a no brainer.

Golden Axe II? What the hell are you guys smoking? The original had better enemies, magic, levels, and a far superior death sound effect!

Originally posted by it290@Aug 18, 2004 @ 11:40 AM

Golden Axe II? What the hell are you guys smoking? The original had better enemies, magic, levels, and a far superior death sound effect!

Yeah but, Golden Axe II has one of the best soundtracks ever!

:p

Originally posted by it290@Aug 19, 2004 @ 02:15 AM

Actually, I would argue GA3 for the soundtrack part.

Yeah but then you'd beat yourself with a stick for mentioning GA3 in the context of it having some redeeming quality.

I actually like GA3, and I've been looking to score a copy for a while now. The gameplay is very tight and precise once you get a feel for it, and the AI is quite a bit tougher than 1 or 2. There are still a few ways to cheese your way through the game, but it can't be done nearly as easily as the other two games. It's a really fun game; it just requires some adjustment. People mainly seem to knock it for its different feel, somewhat bland graphics, and lame magic attacks. I will concede all those points, but if you can get past them, it's a worthy sequel. Plus the length and multiple paths are cool.

Back