Virtua Tennis

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
  • A smash arcade hit!
  • Realistic graphics with simple controls
  • Standard Controller, VMU, Arcade Stick, VGA Box, Jump Pack
  • Supports up to 4 players: 2 versus 2.
Awesome tennis game for the Dreamcast. It's the best tennis game I've ever played. Yes, I prefer this one over its sequel. If you liked/loved this game, please raise your voice.

:agree

Pretty nice game, really entertaining when played with friends (2 vs 2), and also has a nice career mode.

Still, people should play.... Love Ping Pong! Woo~!

i played this game with a bad opinion : i don't like sports game, i (will) always think sports is better in real than in video game.

but i must admit, i sat down when i start!

the physic and the movement are SO realistic!!!

for me, it's technically a VERY GOOD game....else it's still another video game with no interest

I prefer the second one ... (I play it at least one time every week with a buddy :) )

Virtua Tennis has too big inertia in my opinion, which slows down the pace of the game. But it's still a great game !

EDIT :

Our members have made a total of 100000 posts

:party

This game was great...who would've thought tennis could be so much fun? Great graphics for its time, simple gameplay, fun challenges - this game had it all. I also liked it more than the sequel (Tennis 2k2), not that that was a bad game. I was disapointed that the online got cut for 2k2, and didn't find all that much improvement (it still was great though). This is a great title to play with 3 friends...just try not to yell at/ hurt your team mate too much if they screw up :rant

Thinking about it now, when is the next one coming out? Other than a ps2 port the series has been dead since Dc days, maybe this'll be one of the titles that will pop up on the April announcement?

---Ammut

I kinda hate Sport games on any machine and all kinds of sport games, but Virtua Tennis was really fun for quite a while :D

nice game...I think I liked it cause it wasn't much of a simulation ^^

I always liked tennis games Snes and the GB had great titles like Tennis and SmashCout Tennis but Virtua Tennis takes it to another level plays great with my Saturn pad too.

Awesome game. Probably the third best ever, behind its sequel and RealSports Tennis on the 2600. (No, I'm not being sarcastic.. I one played one serve for nearly three hours vs. a friend on RealSports, that's why I think so highly of it)

I love Virtua Tennis. It's actually a great party game.

I've played it with all sorts of people -- gamers/non-gamers, young/old, male/female.

It's one of those beautiful games that's easy to play, but hard to master.

That's one big thing that makes a good game.

On a side note, if you like Virtua Tennis -- take a look at Cosmic Smash. I'm wondering if it uses the same engine. It looks like a cross between VT and Rez :)

Virtua Tennis was one of the few games that my friends and I used to sit around and play 2 on 2. Awesome game. The second one wasn't as fun for some reason. Maybe too much like the first one. If you are looking for another great tennis game check out Top Spin for the Xbox. Very fun, and has an awesome career mode. A worthy successor to the Virtua Tennis legacy. :)

Excellent game, outstanding, (deceptively) simple controls - just great.

I have one gripe - mainly the PC version, which doesn't have Philopoussis (my favorite tennis player). Other than that, it's fine.

I didn't like VT2, and I'm not particularly sure why. Not as fun at VT1... perhaps too realistic? Who knows.

Top Spin, hmm? I should look into purchasing that... I have Virtual Open Tennis, and that game is fairly bad (comparably speaking).

Top Spin is supposed to be pretty good, but I've heard complaints that the controls lack the refinement of VT.

Originally posted by mal@Mar 31, 2004 @ 02:14 PM

I've never actually played either Virtua Tennis game. :blush:

:slap

I loved both games on DC and still play the GBA version when I am away from PSO.

The mini-games you use to train were so much fun! :bow

Back