Vintage Fun World Hacked

Many of you have heard of the site "Vintage Fun World". It was an online game shop that had many great games at great prices. Sadly, it was announced that the site would be closing its doors around May 15th. Now, to make things even worse, the site just got hacked! At first, the hack only said "It's offcical! Owned by ...." (I forgot the names), but soon, the item lists began to disappear, and pictures were soon gone. Now, it's been turned into a site called ArabWay! By looking at the links on the page, I quickly found that out. Also, text on the page is a garbled mess for me, so I'm gessing it's written in Arabic. (I know what Arabic looks like, it's just that text on the page looks like a jumbled mess.) Don't believe me? Look here for yourself!

Note: The "By Arabs!" topic description is not meant to be taken seriously, as it is just a stupid remark. Also, please move this topic if it needs to be, as I am not sure where it should have been posted.

Update: The site has been fixed.

Yeah, my Arabic character encoding isn't working either, but the banner at the top is definitely in Arabic. Strange.

I'm telling you those Arabs are a force to be reckoned with. What with the learning to fly comercial planes better than professional pilots in a matter of weeks. Changing the history of modern steel buildings. Thwarting every single branch of US military and intelligence... These people are super criminal geniuses I tell you.

But all sarcasm aside, that is very weird. I'm suprised I never heard of the site until now though I had thought that I had shopped at them all.

It's fixed now.

What's up with this sort of shit? I've seen other sites hacked by "arabs" before... is it the real deal or just people trying to stir up shit? :huh

Honestly, if the real arab terrorists wanted to attack US internet use, they wouldn't be "hax0ring" some little site where a kid tries to raise his college tuition money by selling old video games. They would try to outright shut down the web, most likely by blowing up some places with main line server arrays connecting everything together. (Remember when 1/3 of the web went down due to the power shortage in CA a few years back?)

This kind of attack is just some punk kid trying to start some shit and piss people off.

I know this was just some stupid kid starting some shit, but it seemed to be hacked well. I'm aware that this had nothing to do with terrorists, so just becuase I said "By Arabs!" doesn't mean the site was hacked by terrorists. And also, Arabs doesn't always mean terroists. Does it?

Note: Sorry if I come off as rude.

Originally posted by 20by20@Thu, 2006-04-20 @ 08:03 PM

And also, Arabs doesn't always mean terroists. Does it?

[post=145816]Quoted post[/post]​

The vast majority of Arabs are good people.

I still don't get why anyone would attack such a low key site for a "genuine" reason, let alone just to stir things up.

Quite a few foreign countries have to use proxies by the way, and most of the hacked sites like this are done with scanners that search for common security holes in scripts. Not uncommon at all, might not even be an arab person. Most arab people I deal with are very nice people.

Back