Splatterhouse 2

vbt

Staff member
2006-12-17 to 2006-12-23; Sega Genesis / MegaDrive

It Begins Again!

Your girlfriend Jennifer is trapped in a living nightmare and it's up to you to save her. The only options is to wear the terror mask to transform into a buffed out mayhem machine ready to smash and bash a path to freedom.

Utilize every weapon from your gnarled fist to a roaring chainsaw to conquer legions of oozing zombies and ghastly ghouls. With skill you may last long enough to confront horrible bosses. An iron will and a strong stomach are mandatory.

• Eight levels: explore the depths of horror.
  • Wicked weapons
  • 8 megs of gruesome graphics
  • Eye popping boss encounters

Attachments

• splat201.jpg
    splat201.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 147
  • splat202.jpg
    splat202.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 155
This is a great game. I remember how much I enjoyed it back in the early 90`s. Too bad that the enemies were a little hard to beat after level 2..it wasnt easy

Have the MegaDrive versions of Splatterhouse 2 or 3 ever been dumped?

GoodGen only has the US versions. Splatterhouse 2 has strings for the Japanese version which are never used, and it's hard-coded to use the US strings. So I strongly doubt it's a multi region game. From memory I think Splatterhouse 3 was similar in that aspect.

Getting a good dump could be tricky, both games don't come up on eBay often and are often overpriced. :\

Both games have debug menus, I'm curious to see if the menus are better implemented in the original versions of the games. At least in the US version, the main menu code is missing but the menu options are somewhat functional for Splatterhouse 2.

Back