sega cd  best cdr

just like to add--- when ever i burn something i make sure no other programs are running like, virus, power, temperature monitoring etc. anything i can disable i do so there is nothing but windows running

oh! that error happened useing the memorex disk in a mitsumi burner and a rico burner and a hp burner -- "only" with that brand -- thats why i thought there was something to it

This suggests to me that you had a buggy burning program, ASPI layer, or drive firmware. The only way for a buffer underrun to occur is for communication to break down between the burning program and the burner. Any other problem writing to the disc should be indicated by a different error (or by popping the finished disc into a device and finding out that it's flaky
tongue.gif
).

i was thinking that something was getting filled up in the memory because of somekind of retry or search algorithim trying to detect a writeable area on the crapy blank -- i thought that was a good gues based on my experience with that brand of disks

Burners can't really "search for" a writable area - from the burner's perspective, the writable area is essentially one-dimensional, and the burner has to burn from beginning to end in order for discs to be compatible with anything else.

Back