• Rise from your gwave!

Section updates

Discussion in 'News' started by vbt, Nov 12, 2005.

1. vbt

vbt Staff Member

Some sections were updated :

- Translations part has got new translations of Saturn games and Megadrive.

- Manuals sections contains a new Sega manual "Minna de Puyo Puyo" thnks to Igo. The Saturn backup manual is coming soon, I've finished to scan it.

- Saturn dev program page has 2 new samples with sources (from Artemio Urbina).

2. RockinB

RockinB Staff Member

Great news, I'll try these two demos in a couple of minutes.

Most importandly: have you noticed on his homepage http://junkerhq.net/saturn.html this guy used Softimage for 3D models. Oh yeah, I need to contact him :D .

3. vbt

vbt Staff Member

Good idea :thumbs-up: , it can be really interresting to have/know the right version to use of Softimage. :)

4. Artemio Urbina

Artemio Urbina New Member

As you can see from the (low quality) code it was done several years ago. At the time I worked at a place that happened to have Softimage 3D, version 3 something. It was the first version named "3D", that I know for sure. But it wasn't really the version but a couple of plug ins for game development, that made the export. The one specificaly used for this was Softimage Sega Saturn Export version 2.5. It was called from a menu under "save model as". That is about all I recall from it, since it's been almost 5 years I've not touched SoftImage.

Sorry I cannot help more in this specific theme... I could ask the guy that ran the company, but he moved out of the country.

5. RockinB

RockinB Staff Member

Well, if that's so, then I don't need to search for it anymore. So you have added textures manually?

Did the plugin export only as C include file or also as .SGT file? Because you could add textures with 3DEditor which uses .SGT files.

6. RockinB

RockinB Staff Member

Some stuff from the web:

source

source