Section updates

vbt

Staff member
Some sections were updated :

- Translations part has got new translations of Saturn games and Megadrive.

- Manuals sections contains a new Sega manual "Minna de Puyo Puyo" thnks to Igo. The Saturn backup manual is coming soon, I've finished to scan it.

- Saturn dev program page has 2 new samples with sources (from Artemio Urbina).

Originally posted by vbt@Sat, 2005-11-12 @ 07:24 PM

- Saturn dev program page has 2 new samples with sources (from Artemio Urbina).

[post=141657]Quoted post[/post]​

Great news, I'll try these two demos in a couple of minutes.

Most importandly: have you noticed on his homepage http://junkerhq.net/saturn.html this guy used Softimage for 3D models. Oh yeah, I need to contact him :D .

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Sun, 2005-11-13 @ 09:36 AM

Great news, I'll try these two demos in a couple of minutes.

Most importandly: have you noticed on his homepage http://junkerhq.net/saturn.html this guy used Softimage for 3D models. Oh yeah, I need to contact him :D .

[post=141678]Quoted post[/post]​

Good idea :thumbs-up: , it can be really interresting to have/know the right version to use of Softimage. :)

Originally posted by vbt@Mon, 2005-11-14 @ 03:13 PM

Good idea :thumbs-up: , it can be really interresting to have/know the right version to use of Softimage. :)

[post=141735]Quoted post[/post]​

As you can see from the (low quality) code it was done several years ago. At the time I worked at a place that happened to have Softimage 3D, version 3 something. It was the first version named "3D", that I know for sure. But it wasn't really the version but a couple of plug ins for game development, that made the export. The one specificaly used for this was Softimage Sega Saturn Export version 2.5. It was called from a menu under "save model as". That is about all I recall from it, since it's been almost 5 years I've not touched SoftImage.

Sorry I cannot help more in this specific theme... I could ask the guy that ran the company, but he moved out of the country.

It had no option to export textures though, and the models were exported fine as you can see.

Well, if that's so, then I don't need to search for it anymore. So you have added textures manually?

Did the plugin export only as C include file or also as .SGT file? Because you could add textures with 3DEditor which uses .SGT files.

Some stuff from the web:

Softimage, for both NT and SGI, is making strong moves into the game authoring market with direct support for the Sega Saturn and the Sony PlayStation. Softimage can open the PlayStation's native file format, PS X, and easily import and export PlayStation objects. Direct interaction with the Saturn CartDev development environment means an object may be saved directly into the game emulator, giving access to the Saturn specific elements directly from the Softimage GUI. Alias/Wavefront's PowerAnimator also exports all the major game formats, including Direct3D. With Alias' StudioPaint module, you can paint directly on the texture of a 3D object at full 24-bit mode or create a custom palette for each texture.
source

Workstation From Nichimen Graphics comes Saturn Express, a module for exporting game content from the N*World suite of interactive game development tools to the Sega Saturn. According to the company, the product supports conversion of vertex, polygon, and attribute data as well as Gouraud shading tables and texture map information; the number and size of the texture maps that can be sent is limited only by the texture map memory available on the Sega Saturn. Furthermore, objects can be preview

source

Back