Screeen resolution hacks

World Heroes Perfect - Removed black borders.

Attachments

• Ani-1.gif
    Ani-1.gif
    160.4 KB · Views: 471
  • Ani-2.gif
    Ani-2.gif
    138.3 KB · Views: 519
Widescreen for Grandia [J]
Travel mode (only)
Code:
16082E4C 0000
16082E4E E0A8
--------------------------------
Battle mode (only)
Code:
1602F308 0000
1602F30A E0A8
1602F620 0000
1602F622 E0A8
1602F7C4 0000
1602F7C6 E0A8
16030458 0000
1603045A E0A8
--------------------------------
All patches can be found on the link in my signature.

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 673
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 670
  • 4-3.jpg
    4-3.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 678
  • 16-9.jpg
    16-9.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:
Story of Thor 2 / Legend of Oasis - Half Hi-Res mode (352x512i). Working on mednafen and others. Need to testing more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
f79e1d6ec5124fabae88b2cedaa40f1b.png

Hi @paul_met
The Grandia patch acts strange. When you pick an item in the field or dungeon, the game will revert back to 4:3 after the item management screen. But if you enter the menus and go back, the 16:9 ratio will be restored.
I'm using your hack with the translated patch on disc 1, running on real hardware (burned CDR).

Hi @paul_met
The Grandia patch acts strange. When you pick an item in the field or dungeon, the game will revert back to 4:3 after the item management screen. But if you enter the menus and go back, the 16:9 ratio will be restored.
I'm using your hack with the translated patch on disc 1, running on real hardware (burned CDR).
Can you give me a savestate for Yabause to check this issue?

Can you give me a savestate for Yabause to check this issue?

The Item Management screen is controlled by ITGET.BIN. Looking at the patch it looks like that file wasn't modified. I'm guessing the patch just needs to be expanded to include that file as well.

It's hard because I don't do saturn emulation, will have to set it up and play a good hour. But Trekkies gave a good tip above, maybe that's the issue?
Then at least a screenshot, so that I understand what exactly are you talking about.

Then at least a screenshot, so that I understand what exactly are you talking about.
Hi. Here's a video. Notice the widescreen disabled after I pick up the item and enabled after I enter and exit the inventary menu. This happens every time.

I see. The matter was really in the file "ITGET.BIN". To fix this bug with changing the aspect ratio after receiving the item, you need to go to the address 0x3D64 and replace the four bytes with "0000E0A8".

I see. The matter was really in the file "ITGET.BIN". To fix this bug with changing the aspect ratio after receiving the item, you need to go to the address 0x3D64 and replace the four bytes with "0000E0A8".
Thank you, but I expected you to update your patch. :-/

:)
@paul_met I apreciate the patch update. Works fine now. I have another thing to report (forgot to talk about it earlier).
Sometimes when you start a battle, there's some glitched lines on the sides of the battle screen when it's zoomed out. I know the battle backgroud is 4:3 ratio and it is forcing it to show something that shouldn't. If this can't be fixed, maybe it will be better to have the battles 4:3 fixed?
Here's a video. There are two battles in it, in the first one you can see the lines and in the second one, can not. It all random and happens in the entire game.

Last edited:
The size of the arena is not enough to fill the wide screen. Color lines on the sides I see for the first time. Perhaps this is the behavior of the game on the console. If you want to keep the aspect ratio of 4: 3 in the battle, then you should replace the modified "BATLE.BIN" file with the original one.

Back