Samurai Champloo

Is it just me or does this anime just try way too hard to impress or catch an audience.

The animation is great, but now a days what isn't. They just blur it and move it around a bit so it looks really kool.

What has it come down to when we start having hip-hop-samurai-breakdance-fighting in our anime's?

Japanese rap is horrid as is, I don't want to hear it throughout the whole anime.

The only kool thing I like about it is when they flip back and forth between the different situations.

I've only seen the first episode so far but it just seems like it tries so hard to be different, yet at the same time reminds me too much of Samurai Deeper Kyo with the girl and how she's looking for the man that smells like flowers. Sorry but thumbs down in my book.

I'll have to watch my episode 2 soon so I can make a better judgement.

Yeh, I found this series hilarious. Especially the parts that have nothing to do with the story (episode 23). Keep watching a few more eps I think it'll get better.

Its an amazing series that I'm certain you'll fall in love with if you watch a few more episodes and get a taste for the more serious part of the story line. I'm not sure I really like the dubbed voices... but still a pretty good translation from the original.

I liked the episodes with the Dutch gay guy and the one with the 'deserted checkpoint'. Those two cracked me up. The next volume is currently in my netflix queue, so hopefully I'll get to check it out soon. I don't mind the dubbed voices, either... the way they use profanity is hilarious.

I've watched the first four episodes.

It's pretty good.

But not nearly as good as Cowboy Bebop, IMO.

The first episode is different a bit than the rest.

At least view a couple more eps. before making a decision.

Back