PSO Questions from an old DC Fan

Hey everyone. Im new to this forum.

I got PSO the day it was released on the Dreamcast, and played it for quite a while.

With all the new versions comming out, I hear that xbox and ps2 spiced some things up, with v1.2. Now the talk of pso3 and all, I have a few questions.

How does the playability / control compare to the origonal DC version?

What differences are there in the PS2 and xbox versions? (Im not a Gamecube guy)

Are there specific Servers per console, or did they make PSO Console Servers Universal, where you can play with people on other consoles?

If they are seperate, which has the fewest users?

Lastly, silly questions about the new playable classes, and any new features since the DC Version.

Sorry everyone, ive been out of the PSO Loop since the first release. But, ive been going through withdrawls, and debating on getting another xbox or another ps2 just for PSO. (Ive sold all my consoles, and now regret it )

Last thing, if anyone uses MySpace.Com, I have an anime group there, and will probably modify it into a PSO group soon. Heres the link if you guys use it

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseactio...=20040202212346

aww i wish html worked here :) too lazy to use the tools

Originally posted by hunter_xi@Feb 3, 2004 @ 04:36 PM

aww i wish html worked here :) too lazy to use the tools

It would be nice, but people abused it. <_<

Ahh, Understandable Mal. I sort of assumed as much. Not to mention the people that like to use flash as their signature's, buh-bye bandwidth. Any info on Consol PSO you can shoot me, or do I need to browse a few million posts? :)

Ahh, then I guess xbox it is then.. So whats changed with the new versions other than new area's? And Im assuming if there is only GC and Xbox, the servers are probably console specific...

I remember in the DC days, people would clone items by emailing their character to themself as a backup, dropping their items in a room, then overwriting their character. Has that been fixed now?

Well, all of the changes from v2 are still there. And there are a lot of new weapons, etc. I play on GC and I can say that the hacking isn't nearly as bad as it was on DC, but duping is still very common (although the methods are different). There are various other hacks and cheats out there as well. I hear the hacks on Xbox are worse, though.

All in all, I would recommend getting the GC version if you're going to get the game, because there are more people playing it, the same HL will work for Ep. 3, the overall cost is lower, and the Xbox version can only be played with a Live subscription (yes, even offline mode!)..

So with GC there are no server subscription fee's what so ever?

As for the overal cost, xbox comes standard with an ethernet port. gc id have to get the accessory. Next, xbox has built in dvd abilities, even though the remote is required (which is sold seperately). In addition, the xbox doesnt require memory cards due to its built in hard drive. ( although they are optional for transport ) Lastely, the hardware in the xbox is superior. But then again, all these things are indeed reflected in its cost. I used to own an xbox. I never got used to the GC Controllers.

I never got to play v2 though. So im not even sure what all was added there, but I heard something about a new race or something. In v1 on DC, my favorite ended up being the spread needle for blasting through levels quickly, but I always did like the melee weaps too.

Any new spread needle type weapons? Just curious :)

In any case, with the costs, if there are no server fee's or any hidden costs to the GC version, I may end up going that route.

Just noticed, online it advertises "First Month Free" For new players. This was on a GC Ad.. so.. there a reoccuring fee to play? :damn: I think i liked the DC best, no charges :D

thanks for the info!

-edited- i just read about all the hacks on xbox. sheesh. can anyone let me know what sort of hacks are going on on the GC Version, aside from the Dupes i already know about :p

Oh yeah, you do get 3 new classes - HUcaseal, RAmarl, and FOmar. They werent' in v2. The changes that were in v2 mainly have to do with the interface - for example, there is a quick select which makes changing weapons and using items much faster and more convenient. There's also battle mode and challenge mode, both of which are pretty cool. Also, you don't drop your weapon when you die, which is obviously a big plus.

There is a monthly cost- the reason I said it's cheaper than Xbox is because on the Xbox you have to pay for the Hunter's License and the Live subscription.

As far as the hacks, other than duping (and hacked dupes like weapons with 100% on three attributes and hacked level 1304 Mags) the main thing you see is people leveling themselves up in an unlegit manner using GameSharks. I haven't encountered any PKing, NOLing, or the like.

Back