Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water Temple

• Shadow Temple

• Spirit Temple

• Total voters
The best game on the Nintendo 64 and of all time (maybe TP will succeed it), given perfect scores from Famitsu, GameSpot, and IGN. A true honer indeed to get a perfect score from Famitsu; know for being very harsh, they have only given 5 games a perfect score, which are:

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    Soul Calibur (DC)
    Vagrant Story (PS)
    The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker (GCN)
    Nintendogs (DS)

Many, like myself, consider this game to be the best. Please, if you would, share your thoughts and memories on this game.

You never know; they include the same items, so it's highly possible. The only thing is that every item brought back into the newer games have changed from their predecessors; the only one that didn't that I can think of right now is the Ocarina of Time, it stayed the same appearence in MM as it did in Oot. Plus, they have brought back countless other swords, including the Master Sword, which has also undergone a change in WW.

Yeah, but the master sword goes unsaid. It's a sword you HAVE to get in the game.
The Big Goron sword is a side quest. That's why I didn't really think it'd be carried on...
Majora's Mask didn't have it in....neither did Wind Waker. They might bring it in, but again, I doubt it.

I don't care if it wasn't in MM or WW, I'm just saying it would be cool if they added it to TP. Yes, the Master Sword is an sword you have to get, but they have included some items that were side quests in the old games such as the Quiver expansions. And yes, you didn't have to get the expansion to complete any of the games, but it would help. All I'm saying is that it would be nice if they brought it back in TP. They didn't even say if they were to bring the Master Sword back yet. Did you see it anywhere in the trailers? Does anyone (like Nintendo) have a comfirmed report of its existence in this game? No, we saw what looks like the Hero's Sword. We should just wait and see instead of jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and the mechanic for the Big Goron Sword was used in Majora's Mask as the Fierce Diety's Mask. Like the Big Goron Sword, the Fierce Diety's Mask wasn't necessary to complete MM. So hypothetically, it was in MM.

Oh you were saying it would be nice?
Fair enough...would be cool to see it round again.

Welllll hypothetically yes, but it wasn't the sword it's self so...

So, in that case, if the sword itself doesn't appear in Twilight Princess then the mechanic for it might.

Come to think of it, a similar mechanic was used for the Megaton Hammer; similar because it used two hands and when holding it while using the targeting system, the actions were relevant to the Big Goron Sword. That same mechanic was used in Wind Waker, but had some change due to WW's fighting engine. So, it's probable that they will include a hammer in the TP with a system that resembles WW (because TP's fighting engine is a revamped version of WWs), and if they have a hammer mechanic they might take a further step in that direction and use the two-handed sword mechanic.

Confused yet? I'll try to make it simple:

Hammer + Targeting = Two-handed Targeting

Hammer + Wind Waker Engine = WW Hammer

Twilight Princess Engine = WW Engine + OoT Engine

TP Hammer = WW Hammer + TP Engine

TP Hammer = TP Two-handed Sword + Side Quest

I don't think I can get it any simpler than that. With those deductions, it's likely that we may get a Two-handed Sword and even more likely that we will get a Hammer.

As for the Hammer, most every item used for the main quest in OoT has appeared in the other versions, including the Hammer. One item already known about in the game is the Gale Boomerang; Boomerangs have appeared in OoT and WW, but have not appeared in MM. This is also similar to the Hammer's appearences.

So, this might be just to coincidence, but maybe the Hammer will reappear in TP in a different form, much like the Boomerang.

Now I made it complex. I hope you can catch my drift by reading it.

(Please note: there has been no confirmation about a Hammer or a Two-handed Sword being in TP; this is just my speculation. The Gale Boomerang has been confirmed to be in the game.)

You think pretty deeply into things don't ya? Nothing against it or anything...just saying :)

All I know is that theres gonna be a boomerang and most likely bombs. They'll probably have bottles too...but I'm not sure on that one.
If they're clever they'll include a two-handed sword...cos everyone likes those :)

Yeah, I find it one of my best traits, so you don't offend me by saying it.

We already know of the boomerang, and the monkey had bombs (spoiler: that's the key to defeating the big plant-like boss) so it's a sure thing the game will have bombs. As for the bottles, they have appeared in almost every Zelda game and it would be silly if they skipped this game. Really silly, how would bottles be nonexistent in this game if they were in WW and in MM? So, yeah I think it's a sure thing that we will have bottles.

Oh yeah, I remember now (bombs in TP). I was watching someone play the boss...and not doing very well.

I thought they'd have bottles...but it came into my head that there didn't really seem like there was anything to pick up and store. But then again...health restoring and so on.

Arrows - they might have another addition to them. Tis a thought.

What other arrows would they have besides the old ones? Maybe a Shadow arrow. If that were the case, then the game would feel a little bit like Metroid Prime 2. That sounds like a real possibility, seeing as both games have a light world and a dark world, but then again this is just a wild idea.

Another good question to ask is if the Ocarina of Time will be in this game. There's a slight chance it will appear in the game because the game takes place decades after OoT, but they didn't say how far into the future it takes place and where is the original LoZ, Zelda II, and ALttP are in the debatable chronology. All they really said is that TP is somewhere between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

Yeah shadow arrow. Cool :) well, from the videos, you see Link doing some horseback archery fighting some gargoyles. When he hits them, it makes an explosion. Either that's the gargoyles, fire arrows, an effect or...

Apparently it's meant to properly explain the flooding of the Wind Waker. Well, we're not going to get any story out of Ninty...way to secretive.

Yeah, Nintendo is good at keeping secrets and surprising consumers. That's good for them to keep their properties private and protect them, even though they are eventually copied.

Looking at the trailer, there's a small red flame on the tip of Link's arrow. Presumably, it explodes when it makes contact with an enemy. I also heard somewhere that we might be able to combine items for battle, like using bombs and arrows.

...............I'm thinking of this game too much, it's deepening my restless desire to play it. We have waited so long, and we still have to wait :(

Combining items? Interesting. That would explain it slightly.

I know...they would just push it back wouldn't they? And if it's simply to add the Ocarina of Time onto it or something...

---Sorry I didn't post a reply right away, was busy---

I heard they are pushing it back to add more levels; if they wanted to add OoT to the mix, they would bundle the game in another Collector's Edition or something. I doubt they would go that route again, seeing as they have re-released OoT two times already for the GC, plus it might be downloadable for the Revolution.

Adding more levels? Not bad :) just makes the game even looooonger. Which I will personally enjoy :)
Ah, yes, forgot about the downloadable bit there for a second. Well...it just best be for a good reason, like the levels and not anything crappy.

Hopefully, this game will have a lot of side quests and levels so we (the Zelda fans) can get a lot of quality gameplay and keep us entertained long after its release.

When Nintendo takes their time on things, it's always a good reason and good for the game.

In any case, this game looks like a definite 40/40 score from Famitsu, like its predecessors OoT and WW.

Back