no more imports

What if sega decided to make shining force 3 part 2 and 3 for saturn in english? Crazy? yes, but there are hardcore saturn gamers that I bet would spend up to $200 if not more on an official U.S. shining force part 2-3. I know that there is tons of saturn games in japan that would have sold very well if only they were in english. Samurai showdown, the Gundam series, symphony of the night just too name a few. I think sega could make alot of money and make alot of happy gamers. The retro gaming community is huge and has deep pockets. What do you think good or bad idea???

Not sure sega would accept to translate or produce games. It would need something like tectoy to do that like they did for the SMS but it won't happen.

The retro gaming community is huge and has deep pockets.
I don't think either of these is really true in the grand scheme of things. There's a lot of interest, but I don't know how much of that really translates into money. For example, a lot of people complain about the price of "rare" (really just well known and high-demand) games like Radiant Silvergun and Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo.

Anyway, Sega would probably be much better off releasing an all-in-one DVD release for PS2.

If anything they may at some point come out on the wii virtual console or something if saturn ever gets ported to it. Of course, that said, they'd probably not translate them since there are other japanese games on the virtual console at this point that have not been translated.

Back